• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hectort713

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Tremor
Hello, I was looking into this mod for my 2017 f150 and was wondering if it's the same line in forescan? I seen another user say they did it to their 2016 F150. Just wanted to make sure the same forescan string works for the 2017 and it's not just for the 2021.

Thanks
This forum is for 14 Gen F150, but since I also had a 13 Gen F150, this is the Mod you have to do on yours

DRL - Position Lamp Cfg
BCM 726-29-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
position lamps at full brightness like Super Duty
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Sup/t. Wildland Firefighter with Alberta Wildfire
Hello, I was looking into this mod for my 2017 f150 and was wondering if it's the same line in forescan? I seen another user say they did it to their 2016 F150. Just wanted to make sure the same forescan string works for the 2017 and it's not just for the 2021.

Thanks
Hello! It is definitely different. Try this out for your older gen truck. But PLEASE make the backup of your original file BEFORE attempting to change this. This way you can revert it back to your old file if this doesn’t work. *Try at own risk. ; Change the following in BCM line and report back:

BCM: 726-29-02 -> 0100 0001 005A

^This worked on my 2017 and my 2020.

Codiferous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 XLT
This is kind of unrelated, but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about the headlights. I have an XLT 302a and when I put the dial in auto, the headlights and taillights stay on as if it’s night time. I tested the light sensor and it seems to be working as it changes the radio to dark mode. Is there a forscan setting for this as well or should I just take it to the dealer?

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is kind of unrelated, but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about the headlights. I have an XLT 302a and when I put the dial in auto, the headlights and taillights stay on as if it’s night time. I tested the light sensor and it seems to be working as it changes the radio to dark mode. Is there a forscan setting for this as well or should I just take it to the dealer?
It depends. Sometimes if it’s on auto, the sensor turns on the tails too if it gets to a certain darkness but I have to ask. Was it an overcast day or raining when this happened or full sunny?

miguel0oo

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello,
Do any of you know if it’s possible to keep the DRL’s ON while the vehicle shift is in parking?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hello,
Do any of you know if it’s possible to keep the DRL’s ON while the vehicle shift is in parking?
Just turn the light knob to the second switch; it’ll leave the headlight led bar and tail lights on while in park.

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Shelby Raptor. 2005 AEV Jeep TJ stroker supercharged. 2007 Navara
Occupation
Business owner
Some shots from last night.

B5CA3319-FC58-46D2-A28F-A979749C9509.jpeg

660BEEC6-F09A-40F4-8C84-2F7AC9476C7E.jpeg
Have followed the thread and can not see any mention of the centre orange bar that appears to be on in the above pictures. Have just got a Canadian spec Lariat with LED headlights and in all modes the centre bar does not light. Is this something to do with it being Canadian ? Is there possibly a Forscan coding I can alter to get it to work.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Have followed the thread and can not see any mention of the centre orange bar that appears to be on in the above pictures. Have just got a Canadian spec Lariat with LED headlights and in all modes the centre bar does not light. Is this something to do with it being Canadian ? Is there possibly a Forscan coding I can alter to get it to work.
Your center amber bar should light as it does from factory. My new ‘21 Lariat (finally came in and traded in from a XLT) has it on with this mod; this mod shouldn’t interfere with it at all.

Sponsored

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Shelby Raptor. 2005 AEV Jeep TJ stroker supercharged. 2007 Navara
Occupation
Business owner
Your center amber bar should light as it does from factory. My new ‘21 Lariat (finally came in and traded in from a XLT) has it on with this mod; this mod shouldn’t interfere with it at all.
Thanks. It must be something the importers did then, to get it past SVA in UK. Have not carried out the brightness modification yet. Will check first to see if there is a wire at rear of headlight that feeds the centre orange LED. If so they may have cut that as unlikely to have known coding to remove this part only in Forscan.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks. It must be something the importers did then, to get it past SVA in UK. Have not carried out the brightness modification yet. Will check first to see if there is a wire at rear of headlight that feeds the centre orange LED. If so they may have cut that as unlikely to have known coding to remove this part only in Forscan.
You’re welcome. If that’s the case; I’d rather bring it in to the dealer and tell them about it seeing it’ll be covered under warranty. I’m hoping it’s not a defect headlight as those are dirty expensive.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
The amber bar on my US Lariat only comes on with my Hazard lights (and turn signals). :-(

Ford F-150 Lightning DRL LED Bar brightness boosted using Forscan 1644883391955

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The amber bar on my US Lariat only comes on with my Hazard lights. :-(

1644883391955.png
Yeah. There are two.. the bottom one is turn signal only. The one between the two projectors is the side marker light. The bottom one won’t come on for parking lights

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The amber bar on my US Lariat only comes on with my Hazard lights (and turn signals). :-(

1644883391955.png
which amber line are you talking about? The signal one on the lower or amber line in the middle of 2 projector lenses? If it’s in the middle, it’s a steady burn and stays on but if it’s the lower one of the headlight, only turns on when you’re signalling. That’s it.
Sponsored