EMPORIA CEO LETTER

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I wish they would come out with some smart light switches. I use their home energy monitor and smart plugs. Would save me from having a separate app for the 2 Bluetooth switches I use.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I wish they would come out with some smart light switches. I use their home energy monitor and smart plugs. Would save me from having a separate app for the 2 Bluetooth switches I use.
I just installed the Emporia home energy monitor this week to replace a TED energy monitor I have had for 14+ years. The TED quit reporting on individual branch circuits and TED did not have a fix for it. The Emporia is a massive improvement. I also bought several Emporia smart plugs to replace a Gosund system and integrate with the Emporia app. The smart switches would be a nice addition. Let's send your suggestion to [email protected].

Mach Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2024 XLT
Occupation
Bum
When I bought an Emporía™ charger a couple of years ago, I noticed its need for their web service and was concerned about being "Juiceboxed" as we might call it now (or might not, if things get better). There will always be reason for concern if a product doesn't provide local-only control.

The Wallbox™ (recently got one of the Fisker™ branded ones for cheap) with its Bluetooth adjustability might be such a better design. We'll see if it works well long term without web access.

About the home energy monitor: I've been using a cheap Vue™ bridge (which talks to our smart meter) for a year and a half or so. Every few months I have to phone our utility to re-establish connection, as the meter and Vue just quit talking for no apparent reason. It's as if they were married. Other than that, the system seems to work nicely, though it doesn't monitor branch circuits, just the net load.

It's nice to have received this letter, and Mr. McLaughlin is to be thanked for caring enough to write it (and OP for sharing it). But an OTA from Emporía™ that makes things locally controllable if need be wouldn't be a bad thing.
Sponsored