• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Downside to this is it kills a whole potential charging spot for a Tesla.
And Teslas will now kill a potential charging spot for other vehicles who have right to charge there now as well. These stations have the charger straddling the line so there is no implied designated spot like what EA does. I think that is intentional.

Hopefully we all will get along with each other until it can be mitigated (longer cables, extenders, 2 spaces per charger, etc.)
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
there clearly is a market for a 6ft extension cord
Yup, 6ft extension/adapter is minimum length to allow parking at the correct spot. I hope someone has it available as soon as it is announced. It will reduce friction with others and will also reduce the crap shoot factor if the place is busy.

Reactions: cal

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Easy solution - Teslas fill the spots from the left side. Those who need to charge from the right fill spots from the right. If there is an empty spot past the rightmost charger, this won't even waste any,.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
6ft extension/adapter is minimum length to allow parking at the correct spot
What capacity? 200A, 300A, 500A? It's hard for me to imagine the form factor necessary to be both meaningful and safe, especially for big-battery 400V EVs.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
What capacity? 200A, 300A, 500A? It's hard for me to imagine the form factor necessary to be both meaningful and safe, especially for big-battery 400V EVs.
You don’t have to imagine it. Don’t you use that size cable at Electrify America chargers every time you charge? That is not liquid cooled. Right? Of course it would not be as easy to fold and store as your 120 extension cords but I would absolutely get one and put it in the truck (under or behind back seat or in Frunk, a few times a year that I may travel far enough. It beats knocking down a supercharger and blocking other superchargers trying to reach.

of course if Tesla has a solution at their end and is fast enough implementing it, I would skip it and wait.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
NOW

Ford F-150 Lightning CEO Farley - Testing Ford NACS adapter (photo) 20240229_075428
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.