Sponsored

EV Charging Network Will Target Interstates Before Expanding Into Remote Rural and Crowded Urban Areas

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Most EV's can lock their charge ports and even send text or email when some change happens.

There are all sorts of charging networks that have been in business before EA. Nothing new.

Buc-ee's has a number of chargers being installed. Almost every gas station chain has chargers going in. Shell may be the largest of the oil but Love's, Travel America and many regional chains like Buc-ee's as well as many stores and supermarkets having stations.

What will happen in the future I can't say. I've had two EV's for over 4 years now and know all to well issues that face a new owner. That and lack of chargers when one needs one.

Still wish my stupid work would put in some L1 or L2 chargers.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Buc cee's is about to start hosting Tesla Superchargers. I don't know if they will subsidize them or not, but you know that when the big boys catch on it will be like gas stations. They sell the gas to get you in the door. Chargers will some day be on most every corner, no need for the govt to get involved here.
It's true that when I charge my car at a gas station I often pick up food at the station, but not always. Kwh that go into my car come from my home at a 10:1 ratio to DCFC. I really only use it for long road trips, and just enough to get me to my destination where I always fill up. I think I'll be charging even less with the Lightning since my car currently only has 243 miles of range.

With a gas car I always have to fill up at a station, though I rarely go in to buy anything.

This sounds anti-consumer, but I wish DCFCs were more expensive to motivate businesses to build more of them and keep them working. They could charge $1/kwh and it would still be on par with gas. Later when there are enough chargers to satisfy demand, prices can drop due to competition.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It's true that when I charge my car at a gas station I often pick up food at the station, but not always. Kwh that go into my car come from my home at a 10:1 ratio to DCFC. I really only use it for long road trips, and just enough to get me to my destination where I always fill up. I think I'll be charging even less with the Lightning since my car currently only has 243 miles of range.

With a gas car I always have to fill up at a station, though I rarely go in to buy anything.

This sounds anti-consumer, but I wish DCFCs were more expensive to motivate businesses to build more of them and keep them working. They could charge $1/kwh and it would still be on par with gas. Later when there are enough chargers to satisfy demand, prices can drop due to competition.
I am with you. I would also be willing to pay higher prices for ammenities around a charger while road tripping just for the convenience. Given several restaurants along a route, picking the one with the charger is almost a no brainer!
Sponsored