• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I was wondering the break even number of claims for various deductible levels. Here is what I found for my specific quotes (Yours may be different)

Break even for $200 deductible vs. $100 deductible was 2 claims
Break even for $100 deductible vs. $50 deductible was 4-5 claims
Break even for $50 deductible vs. $0 deductible was 8-9 claims

I'm sure it is manufacturer dependent but what is a reasonable number of expected claims?

I would think it's very possible to have 2 claims but a lot less likely to have 4+ claims unless you really have a car with issues.

I'm thinking the $100 deductible is really the sweet spot but want to hear other people's thoughts!
thats right. I think $100 is the sweet spot. What length of coverage are you buying?
Sponsored

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
thats right. I think $100 is the sweet spot. What length of coverage are you buying?
Personally I thinking about 7 or 8 years with 125k-150k miles. I typically travel approximately 20k miles per year so 7/150k should be good. To go to 8/150k is another $375 (+15%) but I am thinking if I sell this in 5 years @ 100k miles could I sell it for $375 more with 3/50k left on the warranty vs. 2/50k left.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
The person I am emailing with on the Granger side is not very helpful …

Does anyone have a screen grab of the pricing matrix? Where was the sweet spot of price to miles/year coverage at the premium care level.

I recall 5 years / 60 k miles being something like $700, followed by a hefty jump in price for anything longer.
it's on their website. https://www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Personally I thinking about 7 or 8 years with 125k-150k miles. I typically travel approximately 20k miles per year so 7/150k should be good. To go to 8/150k is another $375 (+15%) but I am thinking if I sell this in 5 years @ 100k miles could I sell it for $375 more with 3/50k left on the warranty vs. 2/50k left.

Now I am actually re-thinking going that long on the warranty. The battery, the most expensive component, IS NOT covered under the warranty and is deemed to be a normal wear item past 8/100k.

Am i stuck in the OLD way of thinking that should be re-thought for an EV world?
Is the strategy with an EV to get out before the battery warranty is up to avoid that BIG potential repair?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Am i stuck in the OLD way of thinking that should be re-thought for an EV world?
Is the strategy with an EV to get out before the battery warranty is up to avoid that BIG potential repair?
I think having a warranty which covers all the miscellaneous systems and electronics (not the power train) is a nice value added feature, if you want to get out early the next informed owner who is willing accept the trucks condition and pay the transfer fee could continue enjoying the benefit of coverage.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Now I am actually re-thinking going that long on the warranty. The battery, the most expensive component, IS NOT covered under the warranty and is deemed to be a normal wear item past 8/100k.

Getting a warranty through Granger, or other sites selling it around cost is a reasonable investment.

I did 8/100,000 and it works out to be $190/yr. In perspective, for me, that's the price of 3 hours of work in a day. I've made worse investments :)

I did the extended for Ford because I don't have a lot of faith in their build quality... I didn't do one for my Ioniq 5.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Going with the premium-care, $50 deductible for 7 years / 100,000 mile warranty.
+lighting

$1265

Aiming to sell the truck in 3-inf years and replace with the cyber truck :) Will pay to have the warranty transferred.

I am not super thrilled with the build quality so far, so I have a sneaking suspicion this will be needed ... :/

Last edited:

Jefro8

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
how close can I get to the expiration of the standard warranty before buying one of these extended warranties?

Sponsored

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anybody else see a phantom service charge added in fordpass after buying the esp?

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 Over Cost! 7166D2C3-CE44-4019-8C1B-0A6F4A4770F7

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Anybody else see a phantom service charge added in fordpass after buying the esp?

7166D2C3-CE44-4019-8C1B-0A6F4A4770F7.png
Yes, we've had a mapping issue between our dealership system and Ford's Ford pass system. It doesn't show up in Oasis, but Ford pass and our dealership software don't seem to want to play nice.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I just want to thank everyone who emailed us at [email protected] or visited www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com . Also to those who referred their friends/family there as well. We had our busiest month ever selling Ford Service contracts at $50 over cost! We ended up saving our customers over $250,000 from list pricing in August!

We appreciate the opportunity to help!
Sponsored