• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
your settings worked for me to have cameras at speed, however, it goes to the camera as soon as i go into drive mode... any way to change that?
Unfortunately I haven't found any way around that. I too find that frustrating. Especially being that wanting the cameras at speed is something I only need a handful of times a month. I do find it somewhat inconsistent though, sometimes it pops up other times it doesn't I haven't found any rhyme or reason.
Sponsored

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Unfortunately I haven't found any way around that. I too find that frustrating. Especially being that wanting the cameras at speed is something I only need a handful of times a month. I do find it somewhat inconsistent though, sometimes it pops up other times it doesn't I haven't found any rhyme or reason.
damn, yeah it’s annoying lol
I returned mine to stock but I made the change that takes away the “Full View Not Available” when tapping the camera to show the rear view when i’m driving. I think i’m good with that, not sure what I would use all of the cameras for when at speed

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Paramedic
damn, yeah it’s annoying lol
I returned mine to stock but I made the change that takes away the “Full View Not Available” when tapping the camera to show the rear view when i’m driving. I think i’m good with that, not sure what I would use all of the cameras for when at speed
I don't actually need them at speed, the question is the definition of speed. Ford sets it exceedingly low, so any maneuvering it thinks you move too fast.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Along the same lines as the cameras at speed, has anyone found if its possible to use the mirror spotlights above 7mph?

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Along the same lines as the cameras at speed, has anyone found if its possible to use the mirror spotlights above 7mph?
Not that I’m aware of. But there is a way to jump the power signal to the right pin that used to be done on older F150s to enable the lights at any speed, not sure if anyone has tried this on the lightnings.

Sponsored

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Paramedic
Not that I’m aware of. But there is a way to jump the power signal to the right pin that used to be done on older F150s to enable the lights at any speed, not sure if anyone has tried this on the lightnings.
Can you provide a little more detail on this?

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
Occupation
Auto
I've got a 2024 Flash with trailer tow package and pro power 9kw and I cant seem to get the matrix lights to work. every time i get to the IPMA it fails to make the change. anyone have any insight on why this is? was able to change everything else except this.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Check with Forscan directly. I would imagine your flash may not be recognized by Forscan and a beta version is probably needed. You will need to sign up for them to support you. It’s like $13.

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Paramedic
I've got a 2024 Flash with trailer tow package and pro power 9kw and I cant seem to get the matrix lights to work. every time i get to the IPMA it fails to make the change. anyone have any insight on why this is? was able to change everything else except this.
In addition to what @Blochead21 said, we don't actually know if the flash has the hardware for this, it seems likely, but Ford doesn't seem to be enabling the feature anywhere anymore, so I'm not sure why they include the expensive hardware, and wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it.
(Apparently they used to enable it in Canada, but my Canadian spec 2023 Lariat came with it disabled like the US models)

Sponsored

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto
In addition to what @Blochead21 said, we don't actually know if the flash has the hardware for this, it seems likely, but Ford doesn't seem to be enabling the feature anywhere anymore, so I'm not sure why they include the expensive hardware, and wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it.
(Apparently they used to enable it in Canada, but my Canadian spec 2023 Lariat came with it disabled like the US models)
I understand. I didnt know there was more hardware that was required. My flash definitely has the "bending" headlights. It just seems more like a software problem rather than hardware as it wont let me edit anything in the IPMA section of forscan. it just fails to make the change every time. Again, thanks for the info.

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Paramedic
I understand. I didnt know there was more hardware that was required. My flash definitely has the "bending" headlights. It just seems more like a software problem rather than hardware as it wont let me edit anything in the IPMA section of forscan. it just fails to make the change every time. Again, thanks for the info.
If they bend, then you have the hardware likely. I'll agree it sounds software. Reaching out to the forscan people is probably the right move.

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto
If they bend, then you have the hardware likely. I'll agree it sounds software. Reaching out to the forscan people is probably the right move.
will do. again, thanks for the info. I'm sure its just forscan not being able to read/write the IPMA correctly, so it fails.
Sponsored