• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
My IPMA will not accept 706-01-02 ---- ---3 ---- and I have the latest IPMA updates so that is very odd. It always reverts the 3 to a 0 when I write and reboot the module.
I can't speak for your truck, however on mine I can get the same result by using 01 instead of 03, so you might try that.
Wait! I think I found your problem It's 706-02-02, not 706-01-02 (my bad, I fixed my original post now)
Sponsored

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
Alright I think I am currently stuck and in need of assistance.
I figured I would post here to see what others have to say.

I installed the Rain Sensor but I can't get it working.

Here is what I have done:
  • Purchased: Genuine Ford Rain Sensor - Model Number LU5Z-17D547-B
  • Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
    • Vehicle built during chip shortage so I did not have rain sensing wipers off the log
  • ForScan: v2.360 Release
  • Dongle: Wired - OBD2 Adapter ELM327
Installation:
  • Removed cover over sensor area
  • Plugged in Rain Sensor cable (ensuring it is fully connected)
  • Removed clear plastic protection (that did come off during shipping)
  • Seated the sensor in its home

Programmed Modules as follows:

ModuleAddressMask
APIM7D0-09-04x3xx - xxxx - xx—
BdyCM726-39-02xxxx - xxxx - 01—
IPC720-02-02xx8x - xx—
SCCM724-02-01xxxx - xC4x - —

I programmed 1 module at a time.
  1. Start/Connect the vehicle module
  2. Changed the specific value for the module
    1. Write All button
  3. "Power Off" vehicle and open the door
  4. Power On the vehicle
    1. Stop/Disconnect (the button used to stop seeing the selected module)
  5. Proceed to next module.

After programming each module I then went back and verified my changes.

The programming appears to have worked because I noticed the screens / modules reset after pressing "Write All"

My SYNC Display now displays a Rain Sensing toggle (and it is enabled)
  • Settings -> Vehicle

I have tested every position on the selector stalk - primarily focusing on the first "click" up (Single Raindrop image)

• If it is on the Single Drop position
    • Wipers will stay in the elevated position
      • Compared to being lowered in a "home" position
    • Wipers DO NOT use any type of rain sensing.
      • They function exactly as before
        • aka wipe every 20ish seconds.

I've tried water on the sensor
I've tried displaying the sensor with my phone camera to see if I see any IR lights (this was at night) (although this is not always guaranteed with these sensors)

I did all of this 4 or 5 days ago

No change

Last edited:

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Alright I think I am currently stuck and in need of assistance.
I figured I would post here to see what others have to say.
I’m not a FORScan guy but I’ll throw this out there: After the dealer performed the heated steering wheel CSP update, my rain sensing wipers no longer worked. The solution (which I found in this forum) was to go to the Guest profile and enable the rain sensing wipers there, in addition to enabling in my profile. Don’t know why that was necessary but it worked. Good luck!

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I’m not a FORScan guy but I’ll throw this out there: After the dealer performed the heated steering wheel CSP update, my rain sensing wipers no longer worked. The solution (which I found in this forum) was to go to the Guest profile and enable the rain sensing wipers there, in addition to enabling in my profile. Don’t know why that was necessary but it worked. Good luck!
Fascinating. That has been done on my vehicle.
I will try enabling that toggle today.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Here I was diving into the FORScan Sheet and I thought I may have found the issue, but the codes above correlate to what others have done.

What others have done - and what I did.
SCCM724-02-01xxxx-xC4x- —

Spreadsheet
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 1715637953827-or

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 1715637977896-o

I was thinking it should be 3 values changed - not 2

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

Here I was diving into the FORScan Sheet and I thought I may have found the issue, but the codes above correlate to what others have done.

Spreadsheet
1715637953827-or.png

1715637977896-og.png

I’m in the exact same situation. I’ll try the guest profile trick and it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I can test it.

Sponsored

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I’m in the exact same situation. I’ll try the guest profile trick and it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I can test it.
@WRSNH

Guest profile has Rain Sensing enabled.
I had no change

They are still not working

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
@carys98 Did you get yours working?
If so, do you remember anything extra you did?

I still have yet to have mine function.
I do remember when receiving the item the clear plastic cover was not covering the sensor area. I didn't think of it at the time, but I have yet to have this function so I'm wondering if the unit is damaged.

If anyone is also able to assist and/or confirm with the information I posted at #707 that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to email the seller to see if these are commonly damaged or what my potential options may be. It would suck to have my "cheap" $40 upgrade suddenly turn into either $80 or an odd paper weight.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
@carys98 Did you get yours working?
If so, do you remember anything extra you did?

I still have yet to have mine function.
I do remember when receiving the item the clear plastic cover was not covering the sensor area. I didn't think of it at the time, but I have yet to have this function so I'm wondering if the unit is damaged.

If anyone is also able to assist and/or confirm with the information I posted at #707 that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to email the seller to see if these are commonly damaged or what my potential options may be. It would suck to have my "cheap" $40 upgrade suddenly turn into either $80 or an odd paper weight.
I haven’t had a chance to look at it again. I’ll probably try to work on it later this week or over the weekend. I need to verify that everything is still set correctly in Forscan because I got a double honk last week and I turned that off a year ago.

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
I used the interface instead of the code and just selected 4 blinks from the drop down.
Where is the drop down??? I want one or two blinks lol that's one of the things driving me nuts in this truck is the excessive blinking

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
Here is the code for bright DRL during the day factory is 10% and reason you can’t see them during the day

first
Bcm

726-42-01 x2x2 xxxx xxxx
Then for brightness
726-38-01 xxxx 64xx xxxx

64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%
Can someone tell me what the 726 42 01 changes do if the 726 38 01 control brightness?

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Can someone tell me what the 726 42 01 changes do if the 726 38 01 control brightness?
Maybe refer to the spreadsheet, but this change doesn't work on the Lightning. It came from the ICE.

Last edited:

acseaman

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning

Spreadsheet
1715637953827-or.png

1715637977896-og.png

I believe this is correct:
As I take a guess at what the acronyms mean:
for xxxx-x*xx--:
SFWMP: Front Wiper Module Present (Yes, want that enabled)
RSMP: Rain Sensor Module Present (Yes, want that enabled)
SCMWTC: Windshield Type Configuration for various Ford models (I'll trust 0 is the correct option for the Lightning)

Remember the values you are entering into ForScan are Hex representation of binary numbers. So:
C (hex) = 1100 (binary):
1 1 0 0 means: Enable front wiper, Enable Rain Sensor, Windshield type 00.
The Windshield type uses 2 bits since there are 4 possible values (0-3) which in binary is (00, 01, 10, 11)

Now for the next item xxxx-xx**--:
SCMRWRWC: Rear Wiper Reverse Wipe. Sounds like an automatic swipe of the rear wiper when you put the vehicle in reverse. Want that Disabled since Lightning doesn't have a rear wiper.
SCMRSEC: Rain Sensing Enable Configuration (Want that enabled)
SCMCWEC: Courtesy Wipe Enabled Configuration (Depends on your preference but you can change that later in the trucks menu options)
Each ** that you are trying to replace with a Hex value is 4 bits each (8 bits total). the 3 high order bits are the enable/disable flags (i.e. 1 or 0) (Rear Wiper, Rain Sensor, Courtesy Wipe) the remaining 5 bits are used for the wiper timing values of which there 32 possible combinations. But assuming we don't want to change the timing values, we only need to be concerned with the top 3 bits which we ant to be either 010 or 011 (respectively if you want the the courtesy wipe enabled or not. So ignoring the lowest order bit this will be 0100 (binary) - 4 (hex) or 0110 (binary) or 5 (hex).

So even thought the spread sheet lists xxxx-xx**-- we really don't care about the second star since those are all just timing values and we don't need to change those.

Bottom line, this should turn on the rain sensing wipers
This would turn on rain sensing wipers along with the courtesy wipe feature
SCCM724-02-01xxxx-xC5x- —

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
I believe this is correct:
As I take a guess at what the acronyms mean:
for xxxx-x*xx--:
SFWMP: Front Wiper Module Present (Yes, want that enabled)
RSMP: Rain Sensor Module Present (Yes, want that enabled)
SCMWTC: Windshield Type Configuration for various Ford models (I'll trust 0 is the correct option for the Lightning)

Remember the values you are entering into ForScan are Hex representation of binary numbers. So:
C (hex) = 1100 (binary):
1 1 0 0 means: Enable front wiper, Enable Rain Sensor, Windshield type 00.
The Windshield type uses 2 bits since there are 4 possible values (0-3) which in binary is (00, 01, 10, 11)

Now for the next item xxxx-xx**--:
SCMRWRWC: Rear Wiper Reverse Wipe. Sounds like an automatic swipe of the rear wiper when you put the vehicle in reverse. Want that Disabled since Lightning doesn't have a rear wiper.
SCMRSEC: Rain Sensing Enable Configuration (Want that enabled)
SCMCWEC: Courtesy Wipe Enabled Configuration (Depends on your preference but you can change that later in the trucks menu options)
Each ** that you are trying to replace with a Hex value is 4 bits each (8 bits total). the 3 high order bits are the enable/disable flags (i.e. 1 or 0) (Rear Wiper, Rain Sensor, Courtesy Wipe) the remaining 5 bits are used for the wiper timing values of which there 32 possible combinations. But assuming we don't want to change the timing values, we only need to be concerned with the top 3 bits which we ant to be either 010 or 011 (respectively if you want the the courtesy wipe enabled or not. So ignoring the lowest order bit this will be 0100 (binary) - 4 (hex) or 0110 (binary) or 5 (hex).

So even thought the spread sheet lists xxxx-xx**-- we really don't care about the second star since those are all just timing values and we don't need to change those.

Bottom line, this should turn on the rain sensing wipers
This would turn on rain sensing wipers along with the courtesy wipe feature
SCCM724-02-01xxxx-xC5x- —
Brilliant …looks pretty pretty good, I have been away from programming and binary too long.
I’ll have to do some experimenting of my own as time permits.

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
I forget which, but one of the drive modes turns 1 Pedal off for that mode.

Forscan also has page with the settings for the Control tab. Don't use the "as built" but the other option for settings. You will find an o Forscan setting that makes the toggle available or takes it away - it does not turn 1 Pedal on or Off, just makes the taggle available.

I wonder if you went in and messed with that, would that also bring your Control screen back. Some setting has likely been flipped that hid it.
I am trying to find the setting page you are talking about instead of going through the as built data. is it under the little "chip" setting on the left side? or one of the other tiles?

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Ok, I'm digging through the details in the forscan spreadsheet, and I think I have some ideas where things went wrong.

Looks like the trailer side view with turn signals SHOULD be:
Code:
IPMA 706-01-02 3--- ---- ---- (As it shows in the sheets)
APIM 7D0-02-03 ---- -C-- ---- (Change my 4 to a C instead of an 8)
And I think the cameras at speed should be:
Code:
IPMA 706-02-02 ---- ---3 ---- (As it shows in the sheets)
APIM 7D0-01-01 ---- ---- FD-- (As it shows in the sheets)
APIM 7D0-01-04 ---- -F-- ---- (Change my E to an F instead of a D)
If I'm reading things right (and Livinitup's FORScan sheet is correct) those values will make the changes we want, without the nasty side effects.

Edit: fixed typo in the IPMA code for cameras at speed
your settings worked for me to have cameras at speed, however, it goes to the camera as soon as i go into drive mode... any way to change that?
Sponsored