• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hokay, since no one on the forum provided an answer to my query
Does any FORScan expert know what the Battery Target State of Charge % does?
I took the low road and asked Microsoft Copilot AI, " What does the parameter TargetSOC_Cfg (TSOCC) • % = Hex2Dec(****) • Range: 0 - 200 in the Ford BCM module control?" This parameter is found in @Livnitup's list of BCM module parameters here: https: // docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-_e09lLPPeSHoO3SsNwyqu5v3dgpbluvJcezUItTSVI/edit?gid=617144335#gid=617144335&range=A106:I106 (take out spaces in https: // docs.google.. and use in browser to find specific spreadsheet location as given in link in Livnitup's OP post here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/)

Here's the answer I got from MS Copilot, which draws its AI answer from other Ford forums.
You
What does the parameter TargetSOC_Cfg (TSOCC) • % = Hex2Dec(****) • Range: 0 - 200 in the Ford BCM module control?
Copilot
The parameter TargetSOC_Cfg (TSOCC) in the Ford Body Control Module (BCM) is related to the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) and controls the Target State of Charge (SOC) configuration for the vehicle's battery [1]. The value is expressed as a percentage and is converted from hexadecimal to decimal format. The range of 0 - 200 indicates the allowable percentage values for the target SOC, where 200% likely represents an overcharge protection limit or a buffer to prevent battery damage due to overcharging [1].
In practical terms, this parameter helps the BCM to determine the desired charge level for the battery to maintain optimal performance and longevity. Adjusting this setting can influence how the vehicle's charging system responds, particularly in terms of when to stop charging the battery to avoid overcharging. It's an important aspect of the vehicle's energy management system, ensuring that the battery is maintained within safe operating parameters.
If you're using a tool like FORScan to adjust this parameter, it's crucial to have a clear understanding of the implications of changing it, as it can affect the vehicle's electrical system performance and the health of the battery [2]. Always refer to official documentation or a professional technician when making such adjustments.
Source: Conversation with Copilot, 7/25/2024
  1. FORScan AGM Battery Setting - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
  2. BCM Replacement & Reprogramming - 2013+ Ford Escape Forum
  3. Ford Escape - Removal and Installation - Body Control Module (BCM ...
  4. Ford F150 Body Control Module Problems: The Full Lowdown

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hokay, since no one on the forum provided an answer to my query

I took the low road and asked Microsoft Copilot AI, " What does the parameter TargetSOC_Cfg (TSOCC) • % = Hex2Dec(****) • Range: 0 - 200 in the Ford BCM module control?" This parameter is found in @Livnitup's list of BCM module parameters here: https: // docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-_e09lLPPeSHoO3SsNwyqu5v3dgpbluvJcezUItTSVI/edit?gid=617144335#gid=617144335&range=A106:I106 (take out spaces in https: // docs.google.. and use in browser to find specific spreadsheet location as given in link in Livnitup's OP post here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/)

Here's the answer I got from MS Copilot, which draws its AI answer from other Ford forums.
From my understanding of what changing that value does, the answer seems legit. I know many people on the ICE forums that have changed that value and not had any issues. I left mine as it is from Ford. I don't drive much, so I replaced the OEM battery with a more capable H7 battery and have no voltage issues. If I ever suspected low voltage or saw my truck was reporting low voltage codes, I would just throw a charger on it overnight and problem solved.

While I admire your desire to get to the bottom of this and I find that I am the same way when I want an answer to a question, in this case, you may be over-thinking things a bit. Especially for EV's that have a system in place where the HVB is charging the LVB during an update that requires the vehicle to be inhibited, there is not much to be concerned about. IMO, of course.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Add me to the list of folks loving the tow camera tweaks.
It’s super useful to see down the side when making a turn with the indicator on, and when driving with the trailer, we’ve erased that “full view not available” warning too.

Why on earth isn’t the signal camera a standard feature?!
IMG_5755.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg
How do I enable seeing down he side with the turn indicator on? I miss that from my Tesla.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
How do I enable seeing down he side with the turn indicator on? I miss that from my Tesla.

• IPMA
    • 706-01-02: 3xxx xxxx xx
  • APIM
    • 7D0-02-03: xxxx x8xx xx (or C)
Once you make the change, go to the wrench icon and reboot each module. This will only work while a trailer is connected.

Edit: IPMA software MUST be on the ACJ version for this to work. This update is only available with FDRS.

Last edited:

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
  • IPMA
    • 706-01-02: 3xxx xxxx xx
  • APIM
    • 7D0-02-03: xxxx x8xx xx (or C)
Once you make the change, go to the wrench icon and reboot each module. This will only work while a trailer is connected.
Thanks! I was unaware it would only work if a trailer was connected. Would be nice to have it show any time the blinker was on much like you can on the Tesla.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks! I was unaware it would only work if a trailer was connected. Would be nice to have it show any time the blinker was on much like you can on the Tesla.
A guy on the ICE forum plugged some kind of light into the trailer connector to trick the truck into thinking there was a trailer attached. I don't remember exactly what he did, but your truck thinking it has a trailer attached is the only way it will work full time. Great feature to have while towing my boat.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'll look into this tomorrow. Maybe something is different for the lightnings, but I doubt it. It does not need the ACJ IPMA version to work because I had it long before that was released. If the toggle is there and it doesn't work, you may need newer IPMA software, but for sure not the ACJ version.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
What sync version are you on?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Going to look into this now. Send me your VIN.

The toggle for the feature: Can you toggle it on and off, or it is there grayed out and you can't turn it on?

Just edited my post above. Truck's IPMA must be on the ACJ version for this to work. You mentioned the PSCM/IPMA are up to date. Is this because the dealer told you they did it?
Sponsored

Last edited: