Sponsored

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I might be wrong, but it looks like you could pull that locking piece out with some run of the mill needle nose pliers?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wsl346

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I might be wrong, but it looks like you could pull that locking piece out with some run of the mill needle nose pliers?
I’m sure there are a number of house hold tools that could remove this lock. Keep in mind that the point of this “lock” is to make it more effort than it’s worth to steal the adapter, not to truly lock the adapter in. Someone would 1: Need to know the lock is there and how it functions, and 2: have a pair of needle nose pliers on hand. As it stands, unless you are familiar with Ford’s charging port, it’s not immediately obvious the lock is even there.

The alternative is to either have no lock at all, making it very simple to quickly walk off with the adapter, or to create a more complex and conspicuous lock that will draw more attention to the fact that there is a lock.

I personally think that this is a great compromise between security and obscurity.

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’m sure there are a number of house hold tools that could remove this lock. Keep in mind that the point of this “lock” is to make it more effort than it’s worth to steal the adapter, not to truly lock the adapter in. Someone would 1: Need to know the lock is there and how it functions, and 2: have a pair of needle nose pliers on hand. As it stands, unless you are familiar with Ford’s charging port, it’s not immediately obvious the lock is even there.

The alternative is to either have no lock at all, making it very simple to quickly walk off with the adapter, or to create a more complex and conspicuous lock that will draw more attention to the fact that there is a lock.

I personally think that this is a great compromise between security and obscurity.
Right on! I agree with everything you said here, just couldn't help pointing out my observation.
Sponsored