Floor mats recommendations? - Lightning Lariat

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
Does anyone have a recommendation for the Lightning Lariat?
Well made, already cut to fit, preferably.
TIA!
Sponsored

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
I went with Tuxmat and super satisified.
Tuxmat
Caution about Tuxmat, they look nice but don't last, especially for the price. My Tuxmats were installed this July, and by November the drivers side was coming apart at the seams. That's less than 5 months and a little over 9k miles of normal use. I made a warranty claim and Tuxmat sent a "one-time" replacement for that mat. So if that one fails after another 5 months (10 months total) or any others fail, it will be WeatherTech or Husky/similar for me. They're all about the same price so may as well get something that will hold up at least a year, if not last for many years.

Sponsored

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
Caution about Tuxmat, they look nice but don't last, especially for the price. My Tuxmats were installed this July, and by November the drivers side was coming apart at the seams. That's less than 5 months and a little over 9k miles of normal use. I made a warranty claim and Tuxmat sent a "one-time" replacement for that mat. So if that one fails after another 5 months (10 months total) or any others fail, it will be WeatherTech or Husky/similar for me. They're all about the same price so may as well get something that will hold up at least a year, if not last for many years.
Had mine since Sept 22, over 20K miles. Been on plenty of multiday camping or ski trips . Any dirt, mud, or road salt is super easy to clean off with vacuum and simple green. I think you might have got a bad batch. They look brand new every time they are cleaned. They also saved me when my wife spilled her entire large sized cherry coke and it was completely waterproof.

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
Had mine since Sept 22, over 20K miles. Been on plenty of multiday camping. Any dirt, mud, or road salt is super easy to clean off with vacuum and simple green. I think you might have got a bad batch.
Might have gotten a bad batch (it would be great for Tuxmat if they just have one bad batch), however to be honest it was their response to my warranty claim that troubles me. Tuxmat didn't say "Hey we're sorry to see that after 5 months, that's not typical, warranty claim approved" I got an "offer" for a "one time" replacement.

One time?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Surprised by the your experience. If Tuxmat does not work, 3D Maxpider should be 2nd choice.

kstevens

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning PRO, 2015 Nissan Leaf S
I share the concern about Tuxmats. Have had mine 6 months, and only now getting to put them to the test in sand/salt/snow. They’re certainly more plush than a traditional rigid thermoformed mat. With the clips that come for installation they’re kind of a pain to remove in order to hose down in the spring. If they don’t last I’ll go back to WeatherTech.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rtshinn

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
Ok, I went with Tuxmat, in spite of the one caveat. They look to have very good coverage, and not all of the others had the option for the lay flat toolbox under the rear seats, which mine has.

Kinda pricey, but less than some of the others.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
This is the 3rd F150 in a row I've used Husky mats. The mats in my Lightning were used in my 2021, and If I cleaned them up, they would still look great.

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
This is the 3rd F150 in a row I've used Husky mats. The mats in my Lightning were used in my 2021, and If I cleaned them up, they would still look great.
I just got my first set delivered yesterday. Love them. If you order a set in the next month, you get a bed mat free. Still waiting on the bed mat to ship.

Rickgk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Standard
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have a recommendation for the Lightning Lariat?
Well made, already cut to fit, preferably.
TIA!
I ought WEATHERTEC HD floomats for my LIGHTNING LARIAT and they fit like a glove. You won’t be disappointed buying these.
Sponsored