• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro "locked" will not charge?

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I woke up this morning to an 11% battery level like I left it when I parked and plugged in the truck last night. It seems the Ford Charge Station Pro "locked" itself overnight (flashing blue/green light, per the manual indicates the charger is "locked"). The manual doesn't say anything further beyond that. Resetting the breaker did return the charger to normal state and the truck did start to charge, but obviously this is less than ideal.

Has this happened to anyone?
The only recent thing I did is about a week ago I adjusted the charge rate down to level 0 - 3.6kW because my utility charges me out the ass based on my peak demand during the month and it was costing me $50-$60 to charge the truck just for demand before any power usage came into account.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Never had a LOCK condition.

Next time try a 30 amp setting, assuming you can make it stick, I've had problems getting the adjusted value to stay in past experiments, when it did then adjusting it to a higher value became as troublesome.

Thankfully my utility hasn't hit us for peak demand surcharges so I just leave mine at 80 amps

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Sounds like a call to Ford is in order. Alternatively, you may want to give it a long power down and Hope it resets. Aside from that, there is a reset switch inside the unit, but that's certainly at your own risk.

It's called "Factory Reset and is at the very top left of the charger next to the Max Current Setting switch". Obviously, opening this up while it's on is not smart, but if you power off, open it, then press the reset you should be okay*?

Again though, do so at your own risk.

* I can't remember if power needs to be off or on for the factory reset, and because electronics, there's no one right way.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro "locked" will not charge? IMG_5368

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Nope, haven't encountered that before. If it operated fine for a week after adjusting it down to the low charge rate setting, I doubt that's the cause. However, I can't think of anything in particular that would cause it either. Glad a breaker reset seems to have fixed it. Fingers crossed it was a one off glitch.
Sponsored