• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found"

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
We shouldn't have to do this. I haven't had to cycle the power on my Emporia charger since I installed it in September.
Agreed, my Emporia is very reliable and gives very accurate energy consumption records, I continue monitoring FCSP reporting for reliability, on average I get 6 of 7 days of data.
Sponsored

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey, I just installed my Charge Station this week and it all doing fine except when I try to change the Max Charge Current through the app. I does show a massage that the setting has been successfully changed but nothing happens. I can tell you for sure that nothing is happening because the multimeter still shows a draw 78-79 amps and also because I do not get the amber light showing that it's charging at a reduced rate.
I have switch of the breaker for about 1 hour, then back on and nothing. The charger does update the status in the app when it's ready to charge, charging or just plug-in. Also it does update the Charge Events. But the it does not save the max charge current. I have also tried doing it when plug in to the car and nothing.

Does anyone have found a fix for this?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hey, I just installed my Charge Station this week and it all doing fine except when I try to change the Max Charge Current through the app. I does show a massage that the setting has been successfully changed but nothing happens. I can tell you for sure that nothing is happening because the multimeter still shows a draw 78-79 amps and also because I do not get the amber light showing that it's charging at a reduced rate.
I have switch of the breaker for about 1 hour, then back on and nothing. The charger does update the status in the app when it's ready to charge, charging or just plug-in. Also it does update the Charge Events. But the it does not save the max charge current. I have also tried doing it when plug in to the car and nothing.

Does anyone have found a fix for this?
If you're getting 78-79 amps that's better than many of us have experienced, mine regularly averages 70 to 73 amps. If it's slowly flashing blue like a heartbeat, then it's charging just fine.

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah but I wanted to charge at a lower app setting most of the nights to take better care of the battery. I was thinking of lowering to 30 amps like the mobile charger and if I needed a faster charger then to go up to 80amps again. But the app setting says the new setting was saved but the charger does nothing, it keeps charging at 80amps.

I know I could usted the mobile charger that comes with the car but that would mean I’d have to make a new electric installation and also pack and unpack the mobile charger every time.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Try making the change before plugging in the truck.

Also since your system is brand new, it may not have the current software / firmware version that might be an issue.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" 1695931976238

Also try powering down your FCSP via the 100a circuit breaker for 15 minutes, then power on and let it come back online for 30 minutes, then try making the adjustments again.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" 1695931992050

Sponsored

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I tried before plugging it in, after I pluged it in. Also powering down the Station for 1 hour and then change the setting about 30 minutes after I powered it up.

The weird thing is that I do get real time information changes of the status of the charges. So the charger is communicating fine with the server except it does not apply the max charging rate when I change it even though it does say it successfully changed.

and last the firmware version is the same as the one you have.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" IMG_3015

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What are you using to measure the amperage on the EVSE branch circuit?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
When your FCSP was installed by the electrician, did they change max setting dial to a lower amp rating?

What gauge wire is feeding the EVSE and is the breaker 100 amp?

Note: my system was installed to operate at the full capacity of 80 amps on correct wire for a 100 amp circuit breaker. This chart shows my effective rate is 75.15 amps per line, the Emporia Vue2 adds the values seen in the chart for amps

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" 1695937777943

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" 1695938330186

Last edited:

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm using the clamp of a multimeter in the 200a setting. The installation was done with a #2 copper wire with 90c specification. The dial was not changed, its en the number 7 position. And since I do get the 78amp reading on the meter, and the car has charged for about 6 hours straight then I'm guessing the installation was done correctly.

Today I went on a trip and met a guy with a lightning and told him about it and he says he had the same issue, what fixed the problem was that he had to shut off the power from the FCSP a couple of times before he could get it to work. He set it up to 20amps max charge rate so that he can charge the car to 80% every night at a low setting to take better care of the battery.

I'm not at home, but when I get there on sunday I will try to power ir off and on, and try until I get it to work. Hopefully it works!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm not at home, but when I get there on sunday I will try to power ir off and on, and try until I get it to work. Hopefully it works!
Post 20 I suggested cycle of the feed breaker.

Sponsored

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes you did and I did cycle it, but only once. I’m gonna try and do it multiple tries this time and see what happens.

Hopefully and don’t burn the unit 😜

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Getting back to this thread, I have tried multiple times turning off and on the breaker to the FCSP and it only worked twice. I set the apps to 32amps and it did work for about 3 or 4 days. Then out of nowhere it went back to 80 amps. The next day I tried to power cycle it and nothing happened. The app says that the setting was changed successfully but it does not change. So I put it back to 80 amps for a couple of days and then tried again and it worked. Only for it to go back to 80 amps after a power outage of about 10 minutes. So I'm giving up on the app and went to plan B.

Plan B being to drill a 5/8" hole to the black cover and put a rubber plug on it. This way I would only have to remove the top cover and then remove the plug and manually put the FCSP dial to #3 o #4 (32 or 40amp) the then plug it back up and put the top cover. Literally it only takes 1 minute and it works.

I don't know if it's the app or the charger but for the $1,300 it costs I think it's very very glitchy. A friend has the Emporia charger and it works flawlessly. I wish the FCSP worked the same way.

And I know I'm gonna get heat from some people, but really all I want is to charge the car slowly most of the time and then if I need to charge it at full power just switch and go. And this is the solution that has working recently.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
And I know I'm gonna get heat from some people, but really all I want is to charge the car slowly most of the time and then if I need to charge it at full power just switch and go. And this is the solution that has working recently.
If your FCSP is in a garage I would not worry about the creative modification, OTOH if it is outside the NEMA weather rating has been compromised, hopefully the rubber plug holds up.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Getting back to this thread, I have tried multiple times turning off and on the breaker to the FCSP and it only worked twice. I set the apps to 32amps and it did work for about 3 or 4 days. Then out of nowhere it went back to 80 amps. The next day I tried to power cycle it and nothing happened. The app says that the setting was changed successfully but it does not change. So I put it back to 80 amps for a couple of days and then tried again and it worked. Only for it to go back to 80 amps after a power outage of about 10 minutes. So I'm giving up on the app and went to plan B.

Plan B being to drill a 5/8" hole to the black cover and put a rubber plug on it. This way I would only have to remove the top cover and then remove the plug and manually put the FCSP dial to #3 o #4 (32 or 40amp) the then plug it back up and put the top cover. Literally it only takes 1 minute and it works.

I don't know if it's the app or the charger but for the $1,300 it costs I think it's very very glitchy. A friend has the Emporia charger and it works flawlessly. I wish the FCSP worked the same way.

Mine did the same thing last night. After struggling to get the 40 amp software limit to take in FordPass, it went back to an 80 amp charging rate when I plugged in last night. FordPass still showed it set to 40 amps. As soon as I adjust it to 42 amps it took.

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
If your FCSP is in a garage I would not worry about the creative modification, OTOH if it is outside the NEMA weather rating has been compromised, hopefully the rubber plug holds up.
It is in my garage so I dot have any problems with the weather. You are correct, if I had it outside it would not be good at all. I know it is not the best solution, but for now I thinks I have no other option. The plug is mostly to protect it again ants or spiders or any other insect from going in.
Mine did the same thing last night. After struggling to get the 40 amp software limit to take in FordPass, it went back to an 80 amp charging rate when I plugged in last night. FordPass still showed it set to 40 amps. As soon as I adjust it to 42 amps it took.
The problem with mine is that it will not take the new setting after it reset itself from 32 to 80 amps. No matter how many times I change and save the setting.
Sponsored