Obi

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
It's simple.

First... The 15k number is not official. Ford has not announced publicly nor to dealerships how many trucks they will produce In 2022. Heck, I doubt Ford even knows. I'm sure they have a goal, but it will depend on a lot of factors coming together on time. They may plan to make more than 15k. Maybe less. I don't know. All I know is Farley, or maybe it was Palmer, was recently seen on video (posted here on this forum) saying that the 15k number frequently cited in the media was incorrect.

Second, we all read the dealer instructions. They don't say you won't get a truck if you weren't on the priority list. In fact, many dealers didn't submit a priority list. Many dealers, the most ethical and fair ones in my opinion, are leaving their reservations in the original order based on reservation timestamp.

Just because your dealer is pulling shenanigans and taking bribes (aka markup) in exchange for prioritizing customers does not mean all dealers are doing it. Nor does it mean somebody who is number 1 based on prioritization at dealership x will get a truck any sooner than somebody who is number 1 at dealership y based on reservation timestamp.

Now you are enlightened. You're welcome.
I agree with all of what you said. But since I'm tied to my dealer, I don't think I'll see a 2022 without being on my dealer priority list. And as you said, even then, I might not get a chance to order. I guess I'll find out tomorrow or over the next few waves.
No reason to be snippy or arrogant, we're all trying to figure this out.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I agree with all of what you said. But since I'm tied to my dealer, I don't think I'll see a 2022 without being on my dealer priority list. And as you said, even then, I might not get a chance to order. I guess I'll find out tomorrow or over the next few waves.
No reason to be snippy or arrogant, we're all trying to figure this out.
Why are you tied to your dealer? You have literally thousands of dealers to choose from.

Obi

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Why are you tied to your dealer? You have literally thousands of dealers to choose from.
Good question. I know I'm not, but I'd like a 2022. I have more information now - I know I'm #11 at my dealer and he says Ford allocated him 21 MY22's. I've called around my area and all the dealers are charging an ADM. I would take delivery in another state, but I think Ford is allocating more Lightnings to dealers in states that are encouraging more EV's (I'm in CA), and I know the allocations will be smaller for smaller dealers. If someone knew of a dealer that didn't charge an ADM and had a decent enough allocation that I had a chance at a 2022, I'd take that in a second. But I"m not sure where that might be yet.
Sponsored