• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Dropping Ball by Not Rolling Out OTA Updates more often

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Probably because the MachE doesn't tow.
I wonder how OTAs are different in Europe then, since it's rated for towing in the EU, just not in the US. I wonder if the software in the EU version has some unlocked towing features, similar to ours where you can put in the weight of the trailer and such, or if they just leave it in normal and the GOM is even more terrible.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I wonder how OTAs are different in Europe then, since it's rated for towing in the EU, just not in the US. I wonder if the software in the EU version has some unlocked towing features, similar to ours where you can put in the weight of the trailer and such, or if they just leave it in normal and the GOM is even more terrible.
I'm sure those things can be enabled with FORScan by someone that knows what they're doing. Same way we can enable glare free headlights and turn signal cameras (while towing) that are not native to our vehicles.

Last edited:

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Forscan just lets you change variables to activate/deactivate things that are already there.
Any hints on which values need/want to be changed in Forscan? I recently did all the available FDRS updates (except BCM, which was blocked) and Bluecruise is definitely different, but I don't see any new controls to activate.
Sponsored