Ford EV Tax Credits May Run Out Sooner Than Expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Correct, I’m in Mississippi, and that’s REALLY good money here.
I grew up across the river in AR and live in San Diego now. I know it’s a personal choice and I could move but I’ll forgo an extra government handout to not deal with mosquitos and humidity ;)
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Does this open up the possibility that you could trade-in your lightning every year for the next year model as long as they are keeping their value to some degree and not lose any money?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
From what I see, there are two elements for the date here:

* First, the effective date of the income limits and the MSRP limits is any vehicle placed into service after Dec 31, 2022. (pg 385, line 24)

* Second, if you've entered into a binding, written contract to purchase, or placed a vehicle in service, before this act is signed this year, you are permitted to treat it as if the vehicle went in service the day before the law is enacted. (pg 386, line 20)

I think everyone in 2022 is safe. If you order a 2023 vehicle, cut out the extra options on the Lariat and potentially cut your income. :)

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Does this open up the possibility that you could trade-in your lightning every year for the next year model as long as they are keeping their value to some degree and not lose any money?
FYI the income limit on used cars seemed to be lower (75k I think).

Also, remember that your truck basically loses 7500 of value as soon as you leave the lot. I don't think your plan would work.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0

Also, remember that your truck basically loses 7500 of value as soon as you leave the lot. I don't think your plan would work.
Yeah, $150k joint, rebate is $4k or 30% of sales price, whichever is less.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E

Used machE are currently selling over new MSRP. I know that wont last forever, but as long as it does you could keep trading up and using the rebate to make-up the difference each year to have a new truck every year until the demand for used falls enough that it no longer works.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford EV Tax Credits May Run Out Sooner Than Expected 21311C5E-53AC-4EC1-8BC1-888C1F241521

I hope 22 are going to be all good. Tried reading through the text but it difficult to read. Found this online stating retroactive to December 31st 2021

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Looks like I'm calling my dealer tomorrow and removing Max Tow.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Would be nice if Ford stepped up and price adjusted down just enough to sneak it back under $80k. My build was originally under $80 until they did slight adjustments to pricing in April to bring it above.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
If i remember correctly, in one of the Long McArthur videos he specifically mentioned how to have dealer adjust price back down to original invoice price and that dealer would be rimebursed that $100 DnD from ford directly. It takes like $45 days for dealer to get that back, but that should push you back down below the 80K mark.

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
21311C5E-53AC-4EC1-8BC1-888C1F241521.png

I hope 22 are going to be all good. Tried reading through the text but it difficult to read. Found this online stating retroactive to December 31st 2021
Can you share the link where you clipped this from? I'm no accountant, but reading through the text it seems clear to me that if purchasing an EV this year, the buyer has the option to file under the old provisions.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford EV Tax Credits May Run Out Sooner Than Expected Screenshot_20220728-000503

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I hate the fact that many of us 22r's rushed to order freaking out about EV credit running out, and it being non-refundable, but now the guys at the end of the line are gonna get money in their pockets or an instant discount. That added to the fact that we have to deal with adm b.s. while they will be able to order direct from ford with no adm concerns. Not crying and am happy with where i stand, but sucks for many others that may not get much out of the $7.5k non refundable this year and had to pay say $5k adm to shady dealer.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Here’s another question…..if above the income limit but you enter into a binding agreement with ford prior to 12/31/22, does the 200k vehicle sold limit still apply? I literally called my dealer today to inquire about a MME order.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Can you share the link where you clipped this from? I'm no accountant, but reading through the text it seems clear to me that if purchasing an EV this year, the buyer has the option to file under the old provisions.

Screenshot_20220728-000503.png
I think it was decided the originally post that I screenshot was wrong and 22’s should be ok. My question would be “binding” contract. Do I need more than an order/build date or do I need to go get signatures at the dealer? Also is there anything In here about additional for batteries built in us or union built(like BBB had?)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.