Sponsored

Ford Offers You Extra Power For $995 (For MachE GT)

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
That's exactly what the article says though. In fact that's the only way that a "software unlock" works. Sure, maybe it's the highest end trim we're talking about, so not EVERY MME, but all the GTs will have all the hardware for this extra performance boost, but will be software gimped to current MME specs.
Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
No, that is not at all what I’m trying to say! I would not want to pay twice for something that would be dumb. But what I am saying is if I paid for a standard range and then could later pay extra to get the extended, I could maybe sort of understand that. However, as you said, it doesn’t make no sense for the manufacturer to do that ! The cyber truck possible future upgrade to add extra batteries in the bed for more range if Ford did that I might consider it, but I probably would not do that because I like to utilize my full bed But it would be an option.

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
Owners don't deserve or have any right to anything that isn't promised.

You paid for something and got what they promised.
That is pretty much the end of any concerns of what is right.

If they decided that they can unlock more performance with only slightly more possibility of warranty claims, that's fine.

It's fine because..... you got what you paid for

Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
I'm sorry not sorry to say I'm firmly in the camp that would gladly pay more to go through tires even faster.

-Speed Junkie aka Zap

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Let me expand a little about my world. In my world, what my species means by performance is not just going faster. It is performing better in multiple areas car provide a function or service. In my world, there is a company called Tesla. They ship all cars with the same capability for Full Self Driving but they activate it for those that pay for it. In my world,Tesla does the same for connectivity. In my world, Tesla charges folks to unlock more range from the cars they already own. In my world Tesla has charged owners to unlock acceleration boost from the powertrain they already own. In my world manufacturing cost goes up Every time you add variations to your production lines. In my world if the continuous income from subscriptions, one time fees from holding back some capabilities and streamlining manufacturing result in more revenue than cost, manufacturers decide to do it. In my world folks that run companies as big as Tesla are not idiots and can do the math on whether or not this is good for their bottom line.

You should come for a visit sometime from whatever planet you live in.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To spell it out a little more, when your car becomes like a printer and the company makes all their money from ink cartridge (capabilities, subscription and services after the sale), they can sell you the printer/car at much lower margin if not at a loss.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is why I said, I am only on board if essential functions of the car is not tied to the business model. If they are and all manufacturers coordinate to limit our options, you are correct, we will indeed be screwed.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
After some thought, here's what makes sense to me. Offer the "upgrade" at $995 on new sales and "reward/thank/acknowledge" existing customers with 25% off.
Sponsored