Sponsored

Ford Pass App Feedback...user since 2021

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariet ER, '18 Subaru WRX STI, '25 BMW i5 (RIP 21 MachE GT)
Occupation
Finance
Hi all!

I have been driving Ford EV's since 2021 since I took delivery of (I am 99% sure) the first MachE GT in Colorado. Sadly it was rear ended and totaled, so my wife had to pick a new EV (note she took on the MachE so I could get a Lightning...she let me trade in her Acura MDX...best wife ever..she fell in love with the MachE and was pissed it got totaled). I have been driving my awesome lightning for a year now (almost). Note for a replacement my wife, after driving the latest MachE GT even, went with the BMW i5...relevant in a moment.

I would historically berate the app as it has been rocky and rough. But now that I am two vehicles in and a long time app user PLUS having some experience recently with BMW's app and approach, I must to make a few comments that I HOPE @Ford Motor Company takes note of.

1. Please please please make the app more stable. It has always and continues to just shut down in the background on my iphone. I have almost abandoned PAAK for the FOB. But just can't go back to grabbing a fob in my pocket every day. But am very close to give up PAAK as the app seems to be constantly shutting down in the background.

2. On PAAK. I was freaking BLOWN AWAY with the iphone wallet approach BMW took to PAAK. It means that I do NOT need an app going (app is used for net remote actions only). With an iphone wallet card, the walk up response of the PAAK with a BMW is flawless and amazing. @Ford Motor Company please migrate someday to nearfield PAAK that uses the secure wallet of an iphone. Way better than "must have app active and hope it does not crash in background approach.

3. Please bring back all the stuff you lost...light control, route planning, etc. from old app to the new app (many a thread on that so I won't go on).

4. The BMW app showed me what charging mgt. was all about. Charging curves for every session. All the EV nerd stuff you could want.

5. Ability to use the cameras in the car for taking 360 images during events and using cameras as dash cams. Our trucks have tons o cameras yet you do NOTHING with it. Forget charging stupid $$ for bluecruise. At least getting camera use for stuff may actually make us pay for a subscription for a service. @Ford Motor Company Contact your FP&A team and have them do an analysis of pricing for camera event capture and what simulated 360 camera service can do. No brainer $20 a month or more.

6. Ability to put car in "pro power mode" remotely without starting the truck. This overlaps into "dog mode" and "camping mode" but please add that.

7. Please fix the charging location naming losses. I periodically have to change the name from "DefaultX" back to the name of the charging location I assigned months and months ago. I have no idea why this is so hard to keep stable charging location naming once you save a charging location.

Ok, thanks for letting me vent. Others will have way more. Love my lighting...best truck out there (and happy to have the blessed official Tesla charger adapter now a week ago!!!). I am even getting into towing with it and love it. My lighting is the best vehicle I have ever owned!!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass App Feedback...user since 2021 lightning tow.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Curious why the Iphone is shutting the app down, do you run a security app that is aggressively protective?

Running any beta OS's or other beta app's?