• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Premium Connectivity

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
LOL, I literally just did a Google search for "ford premium connectivity" and it was the first result!
LOL, I tried that and it just took me to some random page that did not mention any of the details about what it does. Gotta love modern tech LOL
A great reminder that google tailors results based on what it thinks it knows about you. Even when you're not logged in, or using a private browsing window, google still has a decent idea of who you are based on device fingerprinting. Shit's chaos with the AI answers mixed in now. Don't disparage people when you can find the answer as the first link in google, as it may not even be on their first page.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
It’s all good. I didn’t take it as disparaging. I’ve answered questions on here, Mustang6g and even on Facebook from things I googled that someone else couldn’t find. AI and the algorithms are crazy. Hell that’s why I ask. Maybe someone knows the answer or they do a quick google search and get different results. Best part of the forums are the help we get from the community.

Reactions: cal

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks for the link, I tried looking on the Ford website and couldn’t find anything. I don’t need the premium services then. I either use XM or my iPhone for everything.
The best way to find stuff (on any Lightning subject) on the Ford site is to NOT look for it on the Ford site. Rather, just Google, "Ford Lightning [INSERT SUBJECT HERE]. The top result usually is exactly the right page on the Ford site. This is true not only about Ford. For example, if I want to find someone on LinkedIn, I Google, "LinkedIn [INSERT PERSON'S NAME HERE]". This is true because Google's search algorithms are so much stronger than the search algorithims of Ford, LinkedIn, etc.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It’s all good. I didn’t take it as disparaging. I’ve answered questions on here, Mustang6g and even on Facebook from things I googled that someone else couldn’t find. AI and the algorithms are crazy. Hell that’s why I ask. Maybe someone knows the answer or they do a quick google search and get different results. Best part of the forums are the help we get from the community.
Yep, I certainly didn't mean it to be disparaging, hence the LOL and !!'s. And to be fair, you stated you had just searched Ford and I let you know I found it on Google. So I disparaged Ford if anyone :).

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
The best way to find stuff (on any Lightning subject) on the Ford site is to NOT look for it on the Ford site. Rather, just Google, "Ford Lightning [INSERT SUBJECT HERE]. The top result usually is exactly the right page on the Ford site. This is true not only about Ford. For example, if I want to find someone on LinkedIn, I Google, "LinkedIn [INSERT PERSON'S NAME HERE]". This is true because Google's search algorithms are so much stronger than the search algorithims of Ford, LinkedIn, etc.
Yep, I certainly didn't mean it to be disparaging, hence the LOL and !!'s. And to be fair, you stated you had just searched Ford and I let you know I found it on Google. So I disparaged Ford if anyone :).
Yea their website is not the greatest to find stuff, but then again more websites struggle with that LOL. I remember the original build and price on ford. I spent hours building the 1998 Mustang and then the 2003 ranger. Didn’t get a 98 Mustang, but did get the 2003 ranger. But we’ve come a LONG way since then LOL.

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
The Ford Connectivity falls in same category of paying for wifi when everyone has unlimited data plans and tethering… options past there prime.

The only preconditioning that works for a Lightning is parking in a heated (not just above freezing talking 70 degrees) garage. Any other preconditioning is an urban myth.
Sponsored