• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pro - what options would I be silly to pass on?

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I feel that I may want the bigger Pro Power option and the extra cooling that max tow provides. $2200. Thinking about the spray in. Anything else I should or shouldn’t do from the factory? Thanks.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I feel that I may want the bigger Pro Power option and the extra cooling that max tow provides. $2200. Thinking about the spray in. Anything else I should or shouldn’t do from the factory? Thanks.
Tow Tech package to get the 360 cameras (and if you ever plan to tow) seems like a popular option. It will be cheaper since you will lose the scales (so -$650).

Beyond that, I really like the tailgate step, but that is up to individual opinion.

For the spray in liner, I don't use them, but I have heard others say that doing it locally can be cheaper and/or a better job.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I figure since I lucked out with the Pro I might as well load it with the few options they allowed. Plus resale down the road will be better.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I figure since I lucked out with the Pro I might as well load it with the few options they allowed. Plus resale down the road will be better.
Yeah, I think the tow packages probably pay for themselves in resale value. Especially if we find out the max tow cooling is helpful for other thermal issues like fast charging and such.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Oh - forgot to mention. I would remove the $500 Ford mobile charger. It is a decent unit, but you can get better for cheaper off of Amazon and other websites.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Tow Tech package to get the 360 cameras (and if you ever plan to tow) seems like a popular option. It will be cheaper since you will lose the scales (so -$650).
Where are you getting that $650 credit from? On the build-and-price for the Pro it is showing the package as having the same price as last year, $1950, even with the deleted on-board scales and smart hitch.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Where are you getting that $650 credit from? On the build-and-price for the Pro it is showing the package as having the same price as last year, $1950, even with the deleted on-board scales and smart hitch.
Oh, that is weird. On the higher trims you get a 650 credit for the deletion, so same price for the package and then another option with a 650 credit.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Oh, that is weird. On the higher trims you get a 650 credit for the deletion, so same price for the package and then another option with a 650 credit.
I feel like the website is not quite ready for primetime. Still no 2023 spec sheet on the Ford Media website. And the build-and-price "compare models" link just pulls up a blank page with the truck pictures and starting prices at the top. Would be nice if Ford had complete and accurate info up by tomorrow.

I hope there is a credit for the deletion. Otherwise, that is just another hidden price increase on the Pro (like the removal of the free 32-amp EVSE). There were price increases on the other major options for the Pro ($1070->$1200 or +12% for Pro Power; $825->$1000 or +21% for Max Tow), so I don't have especially high hopes that the missing credit is a mistake.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Tow Tech package to get the 360 cameras (and if you ever plan to tow) seems like a popular option.
The 360 camera is one of the best features on the truck. It turns the process of parking a big bulky truck into a leisurely video game.

Sponsored

Dadvikefan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016CmaxEnergi,2017,FusionSE,Future Lightning
Occupation
Chef
Beatle, so you consider the 360 camera a must have? Been wondering if it is maybe a option I could do without. Wish we could get some side by side comparisons of the *max tow cooling improvement that everyone suspects it gives.

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
Having lived with my no option Pro for a few weeks, if given the chance to reorder, I would grab both tow packages. I can see the 360 camera being very useful and like the extra cooling capacity. Even with the increase in 2023 pricing, this truck is still a great value.

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I did max tow, that's it. So far haven't had issues parking without 360 cameras

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
They hide it. It doesn’t show the savings but if you select it will have a pop up box seen below that shows $650 savings.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pro - what options would I be silly to pass on? 5FBCD1E1-4369-4AC8-9FAB-DA773618FCE3

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Thanks everyone for convincing me I need to spend another $2k to get the 360 degree cameras. 😂 but I guess this might help convince my wife this is a good purchase? 😬
Sponsored