First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford may be getting those promised performance improvements by disabling features. 🤔
No, they wouldn't cripple the production APP while still testing V5

I think it's just a COMMS issue, either at the cell phone or the truck, also privacy tweaking many folks have been doing of late is another issue but not sure if @Daragh made any of those type of changes in the truck.
Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
No, they wouldn't cripple to the production APP while still testing V5

I think it's just a COMMS issue, either at the cell phone or the truck, also privacy tweaking many folks have been doing of late is another issue but not sure if @Daragh made any of those type of changes in the truck.

Nope, I haven't made any changes to the truck settings with respect to privacy, I can see all my charging stuff in the truck (see below). What I did notice is I now have the charge Assist app, not sure when that got installed as the last Ford PowerUp update I received was FordPass 6.8 and then a day or so later I got the Tesla Supercharger update, that was about 10 days ago no updates that I know of since then.

When I first opened the Charge Assist App it took 2-3 minutes to load (that's ok, guessing it was downloading initial database of chargers etc.) app looked normal but then after about 2 minutes screen flashes and the Charge Assist screen changed to the white unformatted (per Ford UI normality)! Definitely some bugs roaming here! Will give it a day or so to see if it fixes itself!

Anybody else ever seen the white charge assis screen below? All other apps and interface screens are "normal".

Ohh just to clarify, I shut down truck several times, exited locked it, came back and no change to charge assist screen still the same. I've also reset my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the FordPass App several times.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 4.35.0 -- Performance & bug fixes IMG_0355

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 4.35.0 -- Performance & bug fixes IMG_0353

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 4.35.0 -- Performance & bug fixes IMG_0354

Last edited:

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
I'm not a luddite, but everything I've seen about OTA updates and "the app" makes it seem like a complete waste of time and attention. Disabling OTA updates and deleting the app seems like the best course.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Charge Assist screen does load slowly, try playing with the filters to customize they types of charging you want to see.

Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
So no idea how or why this resolved the issue. But deleting phone as a key resolved the FordPass issues where I couldn't see Preferred Charging or Depature Times post lasted FordPass update from the App Store.

I reenabled PAAK and still seems to be ok, I can see Departure Times and Preferred Changing times again.

Charge Assist is now also no longer stuck on white screen but it was stuck on the "loading" screen for 10+ minutes, needed to leave so shutdown the truck, but will check it later tonight!

Thankfully I love the truck a lot more than I dislike the software issues :).

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No changes to the app, but I did get a re-push of the Terms of Service this morning.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
No changes to the app, but I did get a re-push of the Terms of Service this morning.

I got that yesterday, along with my truck reconnecting to my WIFI at home. I got excited and thought maybe an update but can't find anything either... ? Hmm
Sponsored