• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass v5.2.0 bug? Phantom power use

Jaime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The "Energy Added" number keeps increasing at the rate it would normally charge at, even though 80% target was reached yesterday. I have not unplugged from 120V. Checked my energy monitor and there's only about 5W being used on the circuit the truck is plugged into. I also have another car on a 12V battery maintainer in that same circuit. @Ford Motor Company

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass v5.2.0 bug? Phantom power use FordPass_1
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass v5.2.0 bug? Phantom power use FordPass_2
Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
What! You've only added 58 kWh in 72 hours on the charger! I've added over a megawatt-hour in just 60 hours on my FCSP charger (1,043 kWh), but somehow I only charged my HVB 2% (48% to 50%). Shameful and ridiculous. According to that, my HVB capacity should be 1,043 kWh/2% = 52,150 kWh. I could drive over 103,000 miles at 70 mph on a full battery! :crackup:

But! Another figure in the FordPass report says I only added 7 mi to my range with that 1,043 kWh charge. That means I'm getting 7 mi / 1043 kWh = 0.007 mi/kWh !!! :ROFLMAO:

My spurious data report back at the beginning of June was probably with FordPass 5.0. If yours is more recent, maybe reporting has been "improved" with v5.2?

I also can't set the Max Current Requested through FP 5.2. I request 48 A, but I get an 80 A charging rate.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass v5.2.0 bug? Phantom power use IMG_0970 1_Edt.PNG

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Looking forward to next BUG FIX version.....................

flux capacitor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
The "Time on Charger" is the amount of time it has been connected not how long the charge took. You need to catch it right when it is finished charging to get the actual time it took to charge. It may be a bug, but it has been that way for a while. The miles added is also not very accurate. If you want to know how many miles was restored you have to subtract current odometer to reading to the odometer reading from the last charge. I created a spreadsheet to document all my charges, miles/kwh, and equivalent mpge. That way I can see my pattern and see exactly based on my driving what I can expect. To me it is very helpful and does not take that much time since the info is on the app. But you do need to document before you unplug the charger otherwise you loose the actual kwh's charged. The log does not keep the info.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
I show my charge last night from 49% to 80% sucked in 85kWh on FordPass charging history. Was connected ~11.5 hrs, so maybe it just multiplied by an effective charge rate of 7.4kW? I did have the truck on to provide the AT&T Hotspot to the house while Cox Cable was out overnight, so a possible factor that could confuse FordPass @Ford Motor Company ? In Accessory mode only, Climate and radio were off, blanked center screen, black t-shirt covered instrument panel that stays on.

Sponsored
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
Anyone have a Ford Pass app version greater than 5.2.0?

This version sucks bad and doesn’t work on iOS 18 Beta 2….every other app I have on iOS 18 B2 works great…

i may have to go get a cheap Android 13 device just to run Ford Pass

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Anyone have a Ford Pass app version greater than 5.2.0?

This version sucks bad and doesn’t work on iOS 18 Beta 2….every other app I have on iOS 18 B2 works great…

i may have to go get a cheap Android 13 device just to run Ford Pass
Beta 4 was released today. Also Ford Pass App updated to 5.3.0 on iOS.

edit: energy tab still doesn’t work

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
Beta 4 was released today. Also Ford Pass App updated to 5.3.0 on iOS.

edit: energy tab still doesn’t work
Updated iOS Beta to 4, Ford Pass to 5.3….still none of the sub menus work with either of these…guess I’ll try to delete the app and reload it…

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Updated iOS Beta to 4, Ford Pass to 5.3….still none of the sub menus work with either of these…guess I’ll try to delete the app and reload it…
Did you ever get it working?

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Never did get it to work….finally got an older iPhone and set it up on iOS 17 and that works fine…
That’s what I’m thinking I need to do. I can’t downgrade.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
That’s what I’m thinking I need to do. I can’t downgrade.
If you can wait about a month you’ll save yourself some money.

iOS 17 was released to the public September 18, 2023 and iOS 16 was released September 12, 2022.

Ford will have to update their app to work by then because everyone using an iOS product will upgrade around that week to iOS 18. Apple has automatic updates defaulted to ON.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

iOS 17 was released to the public September 18, 2023 and iOS 16 was released September 12, 2022.

Ford will have to update their app to work by then because everyone using an iOS product will upgrade around that week to iOS 18. Apple has automatic updates defaulted to ON.
I sent feedback to @Ford Motor Company through the FordPass beta. Hoping the TestFlight release gets updates shortly.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

If I would have expanded the release notes I would have read:
“Known Issues:
Please be aware that customers using the latest iOS 18 Beta software may experience issues navigating between different tabs within FordPass.”
So at least @Ford Motor Company is aware.
Sponsored