• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass v5 unresponsiveness resolved by removing saved location

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Assuming you're not already at 100%, if you are drive out some of the energy.
Take the truck for a short drive to reorientate the GPS.
Park truck at you charging station, plug in charging should start.
Using the Sync screen in the truck, create a new scheme for that location.
Set your SOC & time frames week/weekend, then save it.
That’s just it, even though I have charged at home several times since deleting the location both in truck and in app it shows no options to add a location. So I feel like it was deleted but not fully.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass v5 unresponsiveness resolved by removing saved location IMG_6507
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That’s just it, even though I have charged at home several times since deleting the location both in truck and in app it shows no options to add a location. So I feel like it was deleted but not fully.
IMG_6507.jpeg
Do you have any public AC chargers nearby, grocery store, mall etc.?
Try saving a location for that station while you're charging, being as it's outside the home location it should save with no problem.

Then head home and retry, I'm just hoping the prior successful location save, shakes up something to break this catch 22.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
As an alternative, some people have reported that the truck doesn't recognize the home location if they park on the other side of the drive way. Perhaps just moving the truck somewhere else (still within reach of the FCSP) will make it think its a new location.

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
As an alternative, some people have reported that the truck doesn't recognize the home location if they park on the other side of the drive way. Perhaps just moving the truck somewhere else (still within reach of the FCSP) will make it think its a new location.
It actually misses our address by a good bit about every other time. The GPS doesn't seem too accurate.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It actually misses our address by a good bit about every other time. The GPS doesn't seem too accurate.
ALWAYS use the coordinates as found by the truck, don't override the address, my garage is located on the backend of our plot, the truck thinks it's parked at the neighbors street number.

The few times I have had to recreate a home charging location, I always let it use the GPS coordinates as discovered, build the profile, save it, then later give it a custom name, also try a custom name like Home2, etc.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The GPS doesn't seem too accurate.
Are you seeing any issues in Ford Navigation, is it showing grossly erroneous locations, early in the roll out a few trucks had problems with this.
Sponsored