• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's going to lose me with not showing me state of charge %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Don't remember what you said and not gonna go back and check. Strong opinions are great and being able to see the other side at the end is the entire point even if you still disagree.

I work in marketing with heavy consumer research focus and between clients and actually liking cars/trucks is the reason I'm so hyper obsessed observing the "emotional" part of this. The only thing that actually gets me angry are the people "in the industry" who are dumping their Lightnings and saying, "I don't want it forced on me" - that infuriates me. They know no ones is forcing this, they know there's no mandates.

Not only are the above fundamentals true but the election is soon. One side bashing EVs and harping on mandates that don't exist is already being moderated by
r
But it is a mandate, and still in effect.
No matter how many times you type that there no mandates, they are still in effect.
Many, many were and still are infuriated by the mandates. Technology is not going to change that.
To think the technology will move enough to make the mandate not matter, is just wishful thinking.
PS Wasn't New York one of the states that said they would follow suit with California?
Sponsored

rm5565

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Flash
No matter how many times you type that there no mandates, they are still in effect.
Many, many were and still are infuriated by the mandates. Technology is not going to change that.
To think the technology will move enough to make the mandate not matter, is just wishful thinking.
PS Wasn't New York one of the states that said they would follow suit with California?
I don't get it, why are Kansans infuriated by a regulation 5 states away in California that doesn't take effect for 11 years? Of course if it were 2034 right now and your choices were the same as they are today, then yes you should be pissed off. Being mad about it now seems like wasted energy. Let it play out and see what happens. Setting out goals like this is a proper function of our system and is required to make progress, but if the technology really doesn't deliver by that time, the regulations will have to be updated. - BTW LOVE Kansas, just visited the old homestead in Pratt 2 months ago and rode combines during wheat harvest. That was incredible.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
I don't get it, why are Kansans infuriated by a regulation 5 states away in California that doesn't take effect for 11 years? Of course if it were 2034 right now and your choices were the same as they are today, then yes you should be pissed off. Being mad about it now seems like wasted energy. Let it play out and see what happens. Setting out goals like this is a proper function of our system and is required to make progress, but if the technology really doesn't deliver by that time, the regulations will have to be updated. - BTW LOVE Kansas, just visited the old homestead in Pratt 2 months ago and rode combines during wheat harvest. That was incredible.
What is infuriating is the stupidity of such mandates. If one politician can do it, so can another. California and New York.
You are only looking at it from one side.
Say there is a politician in another state that mandates no more BEV's sold unless said BEV has the technology to go 500 miles on one charge. Other states could follow suit.
It will only be ten years or so. Nothing to get upset about.
Edit to add, I don't speak for all Kansas folks.

OP
OP
BeeKind

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
That's not relevant to the people who are saying it's being forced on them. If you represent a dealership in South Alatucky, there's no mandate. If you get rid of your truck and say, "I just don't want anyone pushing things on me" on your heavily subscribed channel - after you already own one under conditions in which you weren't pushed, you're being 100% disingenuous to the public because you'd rather just take the mob's side since that's better for your bottom line.

I'm not even saying such people needed to hold on to their trucks, but be honest. Why are our trucks a political football to begin with? Wasn't part of the point of the F150 was that it didn't play the stupid EV games?

Have you considered a therapist?
Just as long as someone cracks this joke once per page I think we've done our due diligence :cool:

Sponsored

OpenMinded150

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariet Lightning
Occupation
Renewal by Anderson
I'm on my 6th EV and my build date is Nov '23. I didn't consider for a second it wouldn't have the SoC update and I likely wouldn't have bought the truck without it. I don't care if people think this is a pet peave but it's a sign of something and it's not one of a truck that should have left the factory without everything having worked.

If it's not Tesla or Rivian I want every single function working from the factory and frankly I don't even tolerate it from the other two (you don't see me driving around a CyberTruck with non-functional parts).

I'm dead serious that this experience, as stupid and trivial as it is, will have a HUGE impact on my next truck buying decision.

Ford is losing major points in stupid areas that are completely their fault and this is one of them. And forget an explanation, right? Like we just accept this?

My fuel gauge should fuel gauge. So done with this OEM garbage. Stop trying to do it differently, do it the same.

Ford chose to hide battery state of charge in really old thinking on EVs and can't go back and correct these things? Anyone who thinks OTAs are good and are buying the Lightning for it should understand there are trucks being sold today without an update from over a year ago.

These aren't cheap trucks and we were sold promises. Not being able to tell my charge level without navigating through to the place you've purposefully hidden it while being unable to patch it out shows a massive, massive, massive competency issue that I'm not sure they can shake off me.

How stupid is this? Over state of charge %? Just got pushed 6.5, still no charge percent.

These trucks are expensive!
Take it to the dealership and let them do an update. This was fixed months ago. I missed the first 15 updated bc my OTA wasn’t working right. It would say it updated but nothing ever changed. Went to the dealership. They had to keep it for a day and a half bc they had to do all the updates.

OP
OP
BeeKind

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Take it to the dealership and let them do an update. This was fixed months ago. I missed the first 15 updated bc my OTA wasn’t working right. It would say it updated but nothing ever changed. Went to the dealership. They had to keep it for a day and a half bc they had to do all the updates.
Can I go to my actual dealership yet or is Ford still following through on that part of their early EV dealership thing? I've been taking advantage of not having to go to the service center by owning an EV and not going to the close dealership that was in on the program I think is shady and don't have a relationship with.

Also, now that I'm on 6.8, is there anything worth rushing?

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
That's not relevant to the people who are saying it's being forced on them. If you represent a dealership in South Alatucky, there's no mandate. If you get rid of your truck and say, "I just don't want anyone pushing things on me" on your heavily subscribed channel - after you already own one under conditions in which you weren't pushed, you're being 100% disingenuous to the public because you'd rather just take the mob's side since that's better for your bottom line.

I'm not even saying such people needed to hold on to their trucks, but be honest. Why are our trucks a political football to begin with? Wasn't part of the point of the F150 was that it didn't play the stupid EV games?

Just as long as someone cracks this joke once per page I think we've done our due diligence :cool:
If the Lightning is a political football, then all EV are political footballs.
They became political when politicians mandated no more ICE sales after a certain date.
No one is being forced to buy an EV. But mandates are a form of force.
"heavily subscribed channel" If you are talking of a you tuber, put it in their comments. I don't care what you tube says.

OP
OP
BeeKind

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If the Lightning is a political football, then all EV are political footballs.
They became political when politicians mandated no more ICE sales after a certain date.
No one is being forced to buy an EV. But mandates are a form of force.
"heavily subscribed channel" If you are talking of a you tuber, put it in their comments. I don't care what you tube says.
Kind of. It's complicated. I was specifically getting in-person opinions from events on specifically EV SUVs and trucks (we had Rivians and Lightnings) in specifically rural America and I saw the opinions change live. There was a noted shift when one presidential candidate began railing on mandates.

To be frank part of this is on Ford itself. The people harping on EVs are overall the more disenfranchised population. You promised them a $40k BEV truck and that never really happened and they continue to lock this truck over time into bougie status. They had 200k friggin reservations and most didn't materialize because of self-inflicted wounds.

So it's political and also nuanced in not just being about mandates. The pricing/availability thing was a true bait and switch on loyal Ford truck fans.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.