• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s wrong with this picture? Ford Nav wants to strand me …

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
no idea I’ve never messed with it

but on a previous trip, detailed in the same thread, linked above, it would not allow me to do that. that was prior to 6.3 or 6.2, so I’m hoping something changed.
I think the default is 20%, but I wouldn’t swear to that.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately, it's still not a great idea to blindly follow a gps.

At least you didn't drive into a lake or river.
I did need to stop at Dunks for a hot coffee though, so not a total loss.

OP
OP

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
A huge reason this is important and a problem in cold weather. If Ford NAV can't properly route to a DCFC how can it be trusted to "Precondition for DCFC" properly prior to the arrival.

This is why it is so damn important to have a Manual Precondition for DCFC option!!!

A similar thing happened to me, in which Ford NAV simply would not re-route itself to the Charger and route I planned on using. Thus the preconditioning never occurred!!!
Exactly. It’s also a safety issue. My question now is can I trust the nav on all routes when I may be driving in sub freezing temperatures in areas where cell service is spotty? As I did on this trip, I’ll continue to verify with Google maps along the way.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Exactly. It’s also a safety issue. My question now is can I trust the nav on all routes when I may be driving in sub freezing temperatures in areas where cell service is spotty? As I did on this trip, I’ll continue to verify with Google maps along the way.
This for the win. I will never rely only on Ford and rarely on Ford overall. I've had 10 years experience with their various versions. Other aspects of their system lose my confidence too, like searching for places. if you can't do that, then I do not trust your routing. This is where a second routing system whether Google or Apple or even ABRP is imperative to have. I love that CarPlay now has EV routing built in. It isn't perfect either, but at least 2 sources of truth and comparison.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
That’s a well-known characteristic of the nav. It acts like it doesn’t know we can charge at home…..some people can’t!
It will try to route me to a charger every time if the predicted arrival SoC is below the “low battery” warning level.
Thing is, even if it knew I was going home and was ok with it because I charge there regularly, the GPS location of my house is not the same as what the truck has as my 'home' in the app. Maybe its interference or something but it has me across the street and down as my home charging location. If the 'it is ok I can charge at home' functionality existed, I'd have to navigate to my neighbors' I don't even know's house.

Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
My truck registers my home as across the street too.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thing is, even if it knew I was going home and was ok with it because I charge there regularly, the GPS location of my house is not the same as what the truck has as my 'home' in the app. Maybe its interference or something but it has me across the street and down as my home charging location. If the 'it is ok I can charge at home' functionality existed, I'd have to navigate to my neighbors' I don't even know's house.
Correct….”Home” in the nav and “Home” in charging locations are not the same thing.
Sponsored