Sponsored

Front grille swap on Lightning Pro possible?

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Do we think we'll be able to swap out the front grille on a Lightning Pro? Not crazy about that look with the iced blue but concerned having the light bar running across the top of other trims might interfere with how the grille swap might work..has anyone heard anything?
Sponsored

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
It's definitely not going to be easy, the front is arguably the most different from ICE F150. It's not a grill, like others of course. See here:

Ford F-150 Lightning Front grille swap on Lightning Pro possible? 1641525754340

It's possible the outward facing piece (which does appear to go edge to edge) might be removable from the rest of the frunk itself. You're still going to want something solid there, but it's possible aftermarket options will come along

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
It's definitely not going to be easy, the front is arguably the most different from ICE F150. It's not a grill, like others of course. See here:

1641525754340.png

It's possible the outward facing piece (which does appear to go edge to edge) might be removable from the rest of the frunk itself. You're still going to want something solid there, but it's possible aftermarket options will come along
Agreed. I was afraid of that. Still not worth the $11k difference to move up to an XLT in my opinion though. From that angle it almost looks like that front part might pop out… if you see the gap toward the left side

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

1641525754340.png

I believe OP was talking about a swap between Lightning trim levels and not between a Lightning and an ICE F150. If my belief is correct, I would expect that it could be one. However, the light bar might not be functional- which could be an issue in a state like Virginia that does annual safety inspections and requires all lights to work if they are on the vehicle.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I believe OP was talking about a swap between Lightning trim levels and not between a Lightning and an ICE F150. If my belief is correct, I would expect that it could be one. However, the light bar might not be functional- which could be an issue in a state like Virginia that does annual safety inspections and requires all lights to work if they are on the vehicle.
Sorry yeah that’s right. I want to put a lariat or platinum style “grille” (I realize it’s solid) on my matte black pro “grille”. (All lightning style)

Sharpster

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Grey
Sorry yeah that’s right. I want to put a lariat or platinum style “grille” (I realize it’s solid) on my matte black pro “grille”. (All lightning style)
I am interested in doing the same...That Platinum grill is really nice!
Sponsored