• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat - 2020 Tesla Model 3P
Occupation
Ad Man
I have a problem.
I live in a state where front license plates are required (Colorado). But I don’t like them and I don’t put them on. The only place I’ve ever been ticketed for it (fingers crossed) in the past 20 years is downtown Denver by the parking police.

so when I’m headed downtown and I may be parking at a better, I put in my front plate. For my Tesla I used a 3d printed holder that snapped to the radiator grill. Never had a problem.

I just picked one up for the lightning by a company called everyamp.com They call it a Snapplate and it works really well. https://everyamp.com/products/snapplate-license-plate-holder-ford-f150-lightning-ev

now, $110 for some custom plastic may not be worth it to you. But it’s worth it to me! And yes, I paid full price. I think it’s an elegant solution to my plate aversion so I thought I’d share.

Ford F-150 Lightning Front license plate aversion solved! SnapPlate No-Drill Front License Plate Bracket by Everyamp IMG_7842

Ford F-150 Lightning Front license plate aversion solved! SnapPlate No-Drill Front License Plate Bracket by Everyamp IMG_7843
Sponsored

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
I have a problem.
I live in a state where front license plates are required (Colorado). But I don’t like them and I don’t put them on. The only place I’ve ever been ticketed for it (fingers crossed) in the past 20 years is downtown Denver by the parking police.

so when I’m headed downtown and I may be parking at a better, I put in my front plate. For my Tesla I used a 3d printed holder that snapped to the radiator grill. Never had a problem.

I just picked one up for the lightning by a company called everyamp.com They call it a Snapplate and it works really well. https://everyamp.com/products/snapplate-license-plate-holder-ford-f150-lightning-ev

now, $110 for some custom plastic may not be worth it to you. But it’s worth it to me! And yes, I paid full price. I think it’s an elegant solution to my plate aversion so I thought I’d share.

IMG_7842.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpeg
I totally understand the plate aversion- it's a challenge finding a solution that works and still keeps the front end looking clean. This certainly solves that problem and fits the style of the truck.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
So does the holder get removed when you don't need the plate? Otherwise it looks even worse with the holder and no plate.
My front factory mount is held by 2 pop rivets into the plastic grille material. No big deal as calif requires front plates.

Rick

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
I have had one of these for a while, and I am also very happy with it. It's well-made, it works, it's easy to remove if need be and importantly it's 100% drill-free.

Sponsored

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
I have one also. Just remember to remove it if you go through a car wash with the spinning brushes. Had mine ripped off last week. Broke one of the tabs . Had to buy a replacement from Snap Plate. But they will send you a big discount to purchase just the mount. Good company. I got 75 bucks off another frame. Which is the main part.

Zed

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum Rapid Red
I have a Snapplate as well. I like not having to drill holes Like the OEM plate holder) or tying up a tow loop like some others do.

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Isn’t there a concern, especially in Warner climates that you a substantially blocking the very servants needed for the car?. The OEM holder does not.

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
Isn’t there a concern, especially in Warner climates that you a substantially blocking the very servants needed for the car?. The OEM holder does not.
Well I can say in Illinois it has been over 98° with high humidity. And the truck has never left the mid lines of battery or motor temp. And I have the AC running all the time.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Most people don't think about it and are oblivious to the losses from blocked ducts or rads.

You might never notice the reduced efficiency but it is reducing efficiency of whatever system is being covered.

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, Subaru Ascent
I had the Snapplate and loved it but it randomly broke and I lost my license plate somewhere. Had to get new plates. Now I have the Mishimoto!
Sponsored