Frunk opens when I open driver door with keypad

TonyO

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning standard battery
Is anyone else having this problem. Periodically when i use the door keypad to open the vehicle the frunk opens up at the same time
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
If the last number in your code is on the 7/8 button then you may be accidently opening the frunk if you push the last button twice. The frunk opens after succesfully entering the code and then pressing the 7/8 button.

OP
OP

TonyO

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning standard battery
If the last number in your code is on the 7/8 button then you may be accidently opening the frunk if you push the last button twice. The frunk opens after succesfully entering the code and then pressing the 7/8 button.
Thats exactly the problem. Just tried it now and thats whats been happening! Thanks again!!

Scott Libre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Space Lazer Repair Technician
This happened to me. I unlocked my wife's truck via keypad to grab her garage door opener, then manually locked it. When I came back from the store a couple hours later I unlocked the vehicle using the keypad again and the frunk flew open.

Edit, I just want to clarify, I don't believe there was an accidental press of the 7/8 button. I believe entering the code twice will send the frunk open. What I am surprised is that there isn't a timeout or a time limit for this to happen.

Last edited:

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
Out of curiosity, if you’re in a low garage and the frunk starts opening I assume it will just hit the roof. I wonder if there’s a quick kill method to stop the frunk mid flight?
Sponsored