• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Guess-O-Meter (GOM) and Battery percentage totally wrong issue

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT-SR Max Tow Azure Gray Metallic
I have a 23 XLT SR (started out @ 90%)and after driving throughout the day I had about 24% remaining at my last stop of the day. I left the truck on while I did some things at that stop. I spent 30 minutes at that stop and can’t remember if I had to start the truck or if it was on but to my surprise the truck was at 85% with 185 miles remaining.

I drove about 125 miles today in 15-19F degree weather snow covered roads. 65% highway at 65mph.

I got home and restarted the truck to see if it would revert to the actual % and it still shows 83%. I put it on the charger and it says I’ll reach 90% in a hour.

I did not charge at all today. Very strange. I have 24k on the truck and love it but this glitch has me a little concerned. Has anyone else observed this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 23 XLT SR (started out @ 90%)and after driving throughout the day I had about 24% remaining at my last stop of the day. I left the truck on while I did some things at that stop. I spent 30 minutes at that stop and can’t remember if I had to start the truck or if it was on but to my surprise the truck was at 85% with 185 miles remaining.

I drove about 125 miles today in 15-19F degree weather snow covered roads. 65% highway at 65mph.

I got home and restarted the truck to see if it would revert to the actual % and it still shows 83%. I put it on the charger and it says I’ll reach 90% in a hour.

I did not charge at all today. Very strange. I have 24k on the truck and love it but this glitch has me a little concerned. Has anyone else observed this?
I just remembered I also got the low battery warning before my last stop.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
You may have been abducted by aliens while charging and don't remember.

Otherwise, your situation doesn't make much sense. Take pictures next time it happens so we can see what you're seeing.

Reactions: MBM

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
A 2023 with 24000 miles, you have been busy. Does your charger provide info an amount of kWh dispensed? A stop at a DC charger might provide valued info if it happens again.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
These numbers aren't making sense

98 KWH battery at 90% starting the day is 88 KWH available
You drove it down to 24% over 125 miles, that imputes to about 1.9 MPK
With 24% remaining you should have a predicted range of about 45 miles @ 1.9 MPK

Why the dash and GOM are showing otherwise doesn't make sense, especially the 24% vs 85% or 83% and predicted range of 185.

The recharge from 24% assuming that is the true SOC to 90%, on an SR inverter should take 5-6 hours

Sponsored
OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have traced mile by mile. 111 exact miles total today. I did video my dash from my last stop to home expecting it to reset to the correct miles. But didn’t think to take a picture before it changed because it seemed normal. I’ve tracked my miles pretty religiously to and from work and I know this truck. This has to be a glitch. Should I check forscan to see if I can see what the HVB reads?

OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here is a screen shot of my charge log. I charged as soon as I home home today and it reached my 90% set point.

Ford F-150 Lightning Guess-O-Meter (GOM) and Battery percentage totally wrong issue IMG_3990

OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well it reverted back after I left my child’s game. So I guess case closed. But still weird

Ford F-150 Lightning Guess-O-Meter (GOM) and Battery percentage totally wrong issue IMG_3993

OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well it reverted back after I left my child’s game. So I guess case closed. But still weird
IMG_3993.jpeg

(50 miles/.28 SOC) = 178 cold weather miles at a starting point of 100% SOC inferred 1.82 MPK

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Looks like 14.39 kWh when I got home.
IMG_3994.jpeg
Why did it stop at 14.39 KWH when your battery was so depleted, do you have any time of use or SOC limit rules in the Juicebox or on the Truck?

Ahhh, I see in the prior post you charged multiple times this day and you have a limit of 90%.

I can't explain the odd screens you seen previously but definitely shoot photos if it recurs.

OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(50 miles/.28 SOC) = 178 cold weather miles at a starting point of 100% SOC inferred 1.82 MPK
Why did it stop at 14.39 KWH when your battery was so depleted, do you have any time of use or SOC limit rules in the Juicebox or on the Truck?

Ahhh, I see in the prior post you charged multiple times this day and you have a limit of 90%.

I can't explain the odd screens you seen previously but definitely shoot photos if it recurs.
I did video for 10 minutes as soon as it happened but it just shows the truck at the incorrect battery percentage. I even videod while I power cycled the truck a few times (hoping a power cycle would give me the correct percentage).
Maybe I need a dash cam for my dash. Thanks for all the help and ideas.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
When I clicked on this I was going through my typical snarky replies to GOM and battery issue threads trying to strike the perfect balance between condescending and funny, but to my great surprise there was a real, novel, well documented issue with illustrations and explanations. Plus an SR with 24,000 miles! @4BLU I salute you!
Ford F-150 Lightning Guess-O-Meter (GOM) and Battery percentage totally wrong issue unnamed (2)

OP
OP
4BLU

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I clicked on this I was going through my typical snarky replies to GOM and battery issue threads trying to strike the perfect balance between condescending and funny, but to my great surprise there was a real, novel, well documented issue with illustrations and explanations. Plus an SR with 24,000 miles! @4BLU I salute you!
unnamed (2).jpg
I love this truck but every now and again it has its quirks, just like a computer. I knew the battery percentage was wrong and I was tempted last night to drive until it reported the correct battery percentage (or until the truck stopped from the battery being depleted). I’m tempted to try and recreate the situation at my last stop as close as possible to see if this reoccurs. If I do, I’ll have a camera rolling the whole time to document it. I’ll also report back here if i discover anything. Thanks for the kind words Henry!
Sponsored