Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner --> Ford 150 Lightning Lariat, Agate Black
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
I have a lariat ER with the B&O system and it is very ‘meh.’

Interested to see what y’all come up with to beef it up a little more!
Sponsored

OP
OP

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
I have my Lariat scheduled to have the Ford Kicker Subwoofer upgrade this coming Saturday to add some better bass. All I know is that, the 6x9 "subwoofer" is garbage... I'll have updates next weekend...
I’d love to see it! Is it a custom setup or is it a prefab?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I have a lariat ER with the B&O system and it is very ‘meh.’

Interested to see what y’all come up with to beef it up a little more!
I agree with the "meh". I think my '85 Cutlass Ciera had a better sound system than the B&O thing in my Lariat.

Reactions: GDN

Moetel6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
I’d love to see it! Is it a custom setup or is it a prefab?
Is a prefab setup for the ICE F-150 the last few years. Had to do some research to confirm it works with the Lightning, got a lot of Ford Pass rewards, so I figured I'll give it a run for a couple hundred bucks in the end.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This system (Lariat ER) seems to truly be missing sound field from the front doors. You get a ton from the front center and then way in the back.

I agree it is meh at best. I don't need thousands, but I just want to match the sound field I had in my 3. I'm not an audiophile, but pay a bit of attention to it. It was very well balanced, not tinny, it truly was just almost perfect for the every day Joe it seemed. I just want to match that quality. Sad that we will have to pay to update a big name brand like B&O to a no name like Tesla. B&O is not helping their brand here.

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Not sure if it’s set to this already as I don’t have the Lightning to check yet. I read on another thread to check that it’s set to Surround and not Stereo in the settings.

OP
OP

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
Not sure if it’s set to this already as I don’t have the Lightning to check yet. I read on another thread to check that it’s set to Surround and not Stereo in the settings.
I’ve played with that setting and it doesn’t make a ton of difference- stereo is slightly louder

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have played with a number of settings, inputs, sources, etc. The bass is pretty muddy, you have to turn down the midrange all the way or it torches everything else, and the treble just isn't very crisp. I really don't know how to make it any better without replacing components. I don't drive enough to justify paying someone like Reus for an upgrade.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Should I be worried about the sound if I only listen to VSIN on iHeart radio?

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Has anyone heard the sound in Pro? If yes, please share your impression especially if you have heard B&O in higher trims as well.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After looking at the history of B&O nameplates on car audio, it seems that there is a big separation between the name / reputation and the stereo in our trucks...

In May 2015, Harman International (which later became a subsidiary of Samsung), announced the completion of its acquisition of Bang & Olufsen Automotive car audio business. In March 2017, Tymphany, an audio ODM based in Hong Kong and with manufacturing operations in Dongchen, announced the acquisition of the engineering and manufacturing operation in the Czech Republic from Bang & Olufsen.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It's a big step up from my Bolt but the Bolt audio was truly awful. 😄 I don't know if I'll upgrade or not, I tend to be willing to accept a lot of compromise in my car audio experience. Home audio is an entirely different story.

Galoot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 1994 Lightning
Occupation
Firefighter
I too am disappointed in the 8 speaker B and O system. The bass rolls off heavily at anything above the lowest of volumes. I’d really like to upgrade the sub. From what I’ve read on the ICE f150 forum, it’s a pain. I’d love to be able to throw in my little jl audio 8” micro sub. That thing hits good enough for me nowadays. Just need to figure out the details🤔

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I have my Lariat scheduled to have the Ford Kicker Subwoofer upgrade this coming Saturday to add some better bass. All I know is that, the 6x9 "subwoofer" is garbage... I'll have updates next weekend...
Any updates on the Kicker?
Sponsored