• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Head/Tailights came on by themselves

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Just happened to look out the window tonight and see my Pro headlights lighting up the driveway at 9:45PM CST. Truck was locked and unplugged. Weird.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Mine does the same thing. My keys are inside the house in a bowl. When the front metal 8' door opens on the house, the Fobs signal must get detected and the lights will come on.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I believe that there are settings for the approach lights. Also, you may want to consider a faraday box, which will block the signal and therenfore keep,the lights off while the keys are in the house. Another benefit is that a faraday box makes it harder to steal your truck since the bad guys can’t capture the signal from the key and create a cloned key to get in and drive off with your truck.

This is apparently a huge problem in Europe and has been the method of the day to steal high performance vehicles (e.g., Dodge Hellcat and Ford Raptor) from dealerships and assembly plants.

OP
OP
Captain337

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
I edited my original post to include that I’m talking about a Pro with no approach lighting feature. This was full driving head & taillights, not the unlocked parking lights. Everyone was upstairs at the time with no movement of the fob (downstairs) or opening exterior doors.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you get a Power Up update this morning?

OP
OP
Captain337

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
I did not (still at 3.5.2 from 9/20). I was thinking/hoping this anomaly was related to a software update but it doesn’t seem that’s the case.
Sponsored