Help: Can't Decide - Tire Replacements

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Thanks for all the info... lots of options out there for sure.

So if Im understanding correctly... you have only done the lift so far, but not the tires? You had a local shop or your dealer install the Eibach kit? Total cost for that if you dont mind me asking?
That's right, only the level, no new shoes yet. I've got 22k on the OEM tires, hope to get to 25k. I live in Georgia, so it's not like I need to get them switched out quickly to beat the winter snows 😜

As far as cost, I paid $278 for the shocks directly from Eibach, with free shipping from joining there "Winners Circle". Got them installed by a local shop (not dealership) for $300, along with a $120 alignment. So $700 all in for a 2" difference in front height. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the alignment is what is driving the better efficiency? I can't believe Ford would ship there trucks from the factor at a rake that didn't maximize efficiency. Also, I had the Eibach's set at 2" and got exactly 2" of lift. At that setting, there is still a tiny bit of rake (like 1/2"-3/4"). They can be set to a maximum of 2.5", which would make the rake basically nil.
Sponsored

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
i went with these last year have 15K Miles on them and ran them in new England winter last year with several trips up north snowboarding. Much better in snow then the factory and are also wearing much better. since putting them on i have been running a much higher PSI 42PSI cold because i had such on even ware on factory front tires, ( i drive a lot of back roads). slightly more noise but honestly truck is still so quiet.

Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus 275/60R20 115T All Terrain Tire

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7WKVDH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

first time getting off amazon cant beat 1064 for for wheels mounted and balanced. shipped right to my local shop.
That is a nice looking tire at that price.

Did you notice any difference in efficiency vs the factory? and were your factories All season or all terrain?

... my label says 116T? (which is 2,756) Can anyone speak to how big or insignificant is reducing load index of tires is. 115T appears to be (2,679). Seems fairly insignificant?

RI fisherman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lighting on order
I had the Hancock AT as stock tire. Honestly range difference is not noticable for me at 50/ 50 highway back road commute. For load rating just ask yourself how often should you maxing out pay load. 115 is rated at 2679 per wheel. x4=10716. Curb weight for a ER larriort is 6700 so do u regularly have 3k extra pounds? Just not realistic in my use case as I'm not hauling gravel with my truck lol. Toweing a boat and gear with 4 full sized guys still well under load limit for me.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I had the Hancock AT as stock tire. Honestly range difference is not noticable for me at 50/ 50 highway back road commute. For load rating just ask yourself how often should you maxing out pay load. 115 is rated at 2679 per wheel. x4=10716. Curb weight for a ER larriort is 6700 so do u regularly have 3k extra pounds? Just not realistic in my use case as I'm not hauling gravel with my truck lol. Toweing a boat and gear with 4 full sized guys still well under load limit for me.
Thanks for the input... yea, I've maybe maxed payload for a total of 15 Miles so far with 30k miles on.

Has anyone considered the Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtreme (RF12)? My dealer can get me into those for around $1000. They have one of the better rolling resistance, snow traction, and ice braking ratings on Consumer reports for an All terrain.
Sponsored