Sponsored

Help dead won’t start at a customers home

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Hello, I stopped at a customers house- here maybe 20 minutes.
Turned off truck upon arrival.
20 minutes later attempted to start truck, greeted with steering trailer brake error, stop safely, parking brake error, frunk open, etc. and can’t start.

12v battery?

Can I just try jumping this thing?

Thanks

EDIT:
Now that I’m paying attention, when I press the brake pedal (truck off) has the little green light on the start/stop button always started bright- then flickers much dimmer? Is that a sign of a low 12v battery?
I have also noticed the starting chime recently began coming through the dash- as opposed to the sound system. Is that also a sign of a 12v that’s going bad?
Thanks
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I would check that the 12V is connected correctly. From others experiences here, if the 12V gets loose you get pandoras box of weird faults related to iffy power.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
EDIT:
Now that I’m paying attention, when I press the brake pedal (truck off) has the little green light on the start/stop button always started bright- then flickers much dimmer? Is that a sign of a low 12v battery?
I have also noticed the starting chime recently began coming through the dash- as opposed to the sound system. Is that also a sign of a 12v that’s going bad?
Thanks
Those are all signs of low 12v. Get a boost to get the truck started

OP
OP

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Those are all signs of low 12v. Get a boost to get the truck started
Thank you gentlemen.
Ford roadside assistance came, hooked up the battery, tender, it took about a minute, but it started.
Looks like I need a new battery
Sponsored