• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help! I'm lost trying to use this website!

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to be dramatic, but this is the first Forum I ever belonged to. I have virtually no clue how to navigate it, post questions on it, reply to anyone, or even understand some of the lingo. For example, I am trying to understand the "Lightning Build Week Group" and what the information in the columns means. Is there a set of guidelines or instructions I can access on the site to help me become proficient using it?

FYI, I placed my order in January, 2022 and Ford estimated the truck would be built in late July, 2022. Based on reading many of the posts in this Forum, that's probably not going to happen. Like many others I simply have to wait.

Thanks!
Alan168
Sponsored

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Based on your post you are off to a good start. Generally speaking each post will contain all the information you need to join the conversation in the first message. You read top to bottom and scroll through pages or posts. You can reply to anyone with the "reply" link in the bottom right.

Good luck, forums are ancient internet technology and you would be hard-pressed to find any better medium for discussion.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Don’t give up hope of not getting it July. A lot of it depends on location and Build Date. IMO, late Build Dates might get their Trucks delivered within their first delivery window.

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
@TaxmanHog is out for a long motorcycle ride today. Offer to buy him a beer tonight and he will explain all.
Or if you’re evil, just put it wherever you want. He’ll move it to the right place. At least until he gets tired of it and bans you.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
As a 168 year old man, I don't think you'll ever grasp the internets. o_O ;)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've only used the ban hammer once.......

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to be dramatic, but this is the first Forum I ever belonged to. I have virtually no clue how to navigate it, post questions on it, reply to anyone, or even understand some of the lingo. For example, I am trying to understand the "Lightning Build Week Group" and what the information in the columns means. Is there a set of guidelines or instructions I can access on the site to help me become proficient using it?

FYI, I placed my order in January, 2022 and Ford estimated the truck would be built in late July, 2022. Based on reading many of the posts in this Forum, that's probably not going to happen. Like many others I simply have to wait.

Thanks!
Alan168

Welcome fellow Mass-hole, sounds like you're still waiting on a build week at this point, a flurry of assignments came out late Friday while I was on the road, what part of Mass are you in?

We kind of developed a system of posting status updates into threads (lines of conversation) tied to what week your truck will be built.

At this point, continue monitoring your order page on FORD.COM, My Vehicles
When you see that build week has been posted on your truck order, then let use know on this thread and I'll direct you to a build week thread to continue the conversation with all the other building on the same week.

Doing it this way helps everyone get a wider perspective of what is happening currently as the build and delivery process unfolds.

If you happen to read through the older build week threads it can get a bit confusing and frustrating seeing how several members are still way over due for next steps in the process, hopefully in the coming weeks there will be closure for them.

Looking at the recent build week threads [6/23 & 7/11] that have gone into production, you will notice the conversation is a lot more positive as things are kicking off smoothly with fewer hick-ups and out of sync/phase action dates.

BTW, as an internet forum newbie, don't let it overwhelm you, no need to list your records on the tables and trackers, simple conversational writing on a relevant thread is all you need to do, then read the others posts, and watch the stat's I post on Sundays.

OP
OP

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Welcome fellow Mass-hole, sounds like you're still waiting on a build week at this point, a flurry of assignments came out late Friday while I was on the road, what part of Mass are you in?

We kind of developed a system of posting status updates into threads (lines of conversation) tied to what week your truck will be built.

At this point, continue monitoring your order page on FORD.COM, My Vehicles
When you see that build week has been posted on your truck order, then let use know on this thread and I'll direct you to a build week thread to continue the conversation with all the other building on the same week.

Doing it this way helps everyone get a wider perspective of what is happening currently as the build and delivery process unfolds.

If you happen to read through the older build week threads it can get a bit confusing and frustrating seeing how several members are still way over due for next steps in the process, hopefully in the coming weeks there will be closure for them.

Looking at the recent build week threads [6/23 & 7/11] that have gone into production, you will notice the conversation is a lot more positive as things are kicking off smoothly with fewer hick-ups and out of sync/phase action dates.

BTW, as an internet forum newbie, don't let it overwhelm you, no need to list your records on the tables and trackers, simple conversational writing on a relevant thread is all you need to do, then read the others posts, and watch the stat's I post on Sundays.
Thanks for your advice and info!
After reading your post I checked my truck order and it now says it is scheduled for production the week of Sept. 19th! This is a change from earlier this week and I am thrilled to see some progress. I appreciate your offer to direct me to a build week thread to continue the conversation with all the others building that same week.

I'm in Western Mass, the greater Springfield area. I love the improvements you made to the ORDER TRACKER. It's fun to sort by the columns and check out various data such as color, etc. Nice work on that!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Awesome to see you have a build week now, at this point your dealer can provide you with your VIN and 4-digit order number,, for the moment, sit back and wait until 9/8 when your window sticker should be ready,

Also look at your personal ORDER page once a week to see if the build week date changes some times it shifts around as the production scheduler adjusts priorities for the upcoming weeks, it could be moved sooner or later but NLT 10/3/2022
Sponsored