• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Honks when it should be Pre-conditioning?

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Extended Range
Occupation
Teacher
Hey All,
I got my truck back from the dealership about a week or two ago to have them handle a couple of recalls and a powertrain issue. Truck works fine but during the process my preconditioning schedule got reset. Now when the truck should go into its regular preconditioning it honks a couple of times and flashes its like similar to when you want to do a remote start and the doors are unlocked or something else that doesn't allow something like that. Pre-conditioning doesn't end up happening and I'm not really sure what the issue is. I do have it set to pre-condition even when unplugged and I've confirmed the schedule is preset on both my app and inside the truck on it''s settings screen. Anyone experience something similar?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The honking is telling you that SOMETHING isn't right. For example, if you have your frunk open. Preconditioning doesn't happen in warm weather anyway (except cabin), and when unplugged only does cabin.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What happens when you remote start?

The horn honking reminds me of when an ICE truck would try to be remote started with the hood open. Have you had any problems with your Frunk? Maybe try opening and closing it?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
There is a switch to turn off sound feedback when locking ..... that may have turned ON if you had set it to be off during initial ownership tweaking of preferred settings.

I think the remote start and departure timer, issue a door lock command before starting the truck, that might be happening and now you're hearing the honk.
Sponsored