Sponsored

How pessimistic is the Mi/kWh display on the dash?

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
Something new I noticed on my commute today - differing displays and calculations for mi/kWh. I do not use the GOM for anything and usually do the math when driving long distances. I have noticed using my ODBII device the dash display is generally pessimistic on what it shows once I do the calculation post trip. I attributed it to rounding but why do different screens in the truck show different results? Has anyone else done a deeper dive into specifics on this using data for measurements? If so, please provide results. That extra ~.1 or .15 mi/kHw might help change charging locations when traveling.

Ford F-150 Lightning How pessimistic is the Mi/kWh display on the dash? IMG_9272

Ford F-150 Lightning How pessimistic is the Mi/kWh display on the dash? IMG_9270

Ford F-150 Lightning How pessimistic is the Mi/kWh display on the dash? IMG_9273

Ford F-150 Lightning How pessimistic is the Mi/kWh display on the dash? IMG_9269
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This has always been an issue

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
If you are traveling relatively flat interstate at 70 mph with no head wind, j use 2 m/kwh always. After just under 15k miles I never have seen a miracle change like others post.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
This subject gives comic relief given the five hashtag marks gauging fuel tank volume many of us grew up with. I drove 52 miles with my Bug on “R” one dark eve when all stations were closed. To this day I’ve no idea of volume but I definitely used all of “ R”.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It's been like this since the beginning. Nobody knows why, except that math is hard.
Sponsored