Sponsored

How to get faster charging?

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
How can I increase the amount of kWh charging on the 350 kWh electrify America fast charger? When I used them on my trip it only charged at 12-34 kWh. Why would it not charge any higher? It seems that if the charging station is capable of 350 kWh then it should charge at that rate. I don’t want to wait for 45 minutes to charge when they advertise the charging stations charge for 15 minutes for 80 % charge.
Does anyone know how to increase the charging rate?
Short answer - go to Tesla

Long answer - I was told by the Manager of one of charging networks that EA and the F150 don’t play nice and in her reports she can see the chargers consistently only give Lightnings 50% power. I used a 150/180 kw EA last night and got 70kw. I plug into Tesla I get 160 kw (loaned out my adapter and screwed myself lol).

Your battery temp is also important, if it’s not at charging temp the truck itself will limit you to 40 kw.
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Lightning charging isn't great but it's "good enough" in my opinion. Everything is a compromise.
Totally agree. Outside of some SOC issues currently I love my lightning.

If I was always needing to charge on the road, it might matter more but so far I have always been able to just plan either shorter stops for people to use the facilities and do multiple or have one longer one planned around a meal.