Sponsored

How to hard [Reset/Reboot] Sync system?

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
My screen froze and I couldn’t change the climate controls or anything else. Is there a way to do a hard reset? Did a search and couldn’t find. Thanks.
Sponsored

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
My screen froze and I couldn’t change the climate controls or anything else. Is there a way to do a hard reset? Did a search and couldn’t find. Thanks.
With the truck on, hold the Volume down and advance button (arrow pointing right) at the same time on the steering wheel until sync reboots.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Wouldn't this be called "Reboot the SYNC system"? i.e. The SYNC screen froze up so I "rebooted" the system.

A "Hard Reset" sounds like it's a full reset of the system and settings back to factory defaults. Which is something you can do but shouldn't unless selling the truck or directed by Ford.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Adjusted the title to attract folks with either mindset........

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for posting the question and specifically thanks @Hamtech for the concise answer. I have a problem where everything turns on and carplay connects, but for whatever reason no sound will come through the speakers occasionally. This includes music, audibooks, phone calls. Everything is showing as connected. Probably happens 1 time in 25, or a couple times a month.

Up until now, I had to pull to the curb and turn the vehicle off, wait until a count of 5, then turn it back on. That fixed it, but gets old.

This solution will allow me to keep driving while sync reboots in the background. I love it! Now I just have to wait until it happens again just to see if this will actually fix it.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for posting the question and specifically thanks @Hamtech for the concise answer. I have a problem where everything turns on and carplay connects, but for whatever reason no sound will come through the speakers occasionally. This includes music, audibooks, phone calls. Everything is showing as connected. Probably happens 1 time in 25, or a couple times a month.

Up until now, I had to pull to the curb and turn the vehicle off, wait until a count of 5, then turn it back on. That fixed it, but gets old.

This solution will allow me to keep driving while sync reboots in the background. I love it! Now I just have to wait until it happens again just to see if this will actually fix it.
You can continue to drive while rebooting Sync. After reboot you may need to reopen CarPlay to get your IPhone to pair.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I've had to do this a few times. Those few times were always the bluetooth and android auto bombing out and not connecting. The two-finger salute reboots sync and everything connected fine after.

I believe if that doesn't work, the next would be disconnecting the 12v negative battery cable in the frunk.

reddog21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
If you have no sound all you have to do is switch the audio from carplay to bluetooth wait until it connects then change it back to carplay. Works for me everytime and the whole process probably takes less then 30 seconds. Never needed reboot the sync system. I don't have an android phone to test but I would assume it works the same way.

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
I'm curious if there is a similar way to reboot the Instrument Cluster Panel. Mine went blank the other day, and I was wishing for a way to 'reboot' it.

Anyone know if there's a way?
Sponsored