• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HV battery range seems very low after AC charging

Literider150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning
Occupation
retired
Sept.3 we leased a 2024 lightning Flash. So far we've only charged it twice. The last time I charged it at home on my Chargepoint home charger from about 30% to 75%. The mileage/range showing now on the truck is 195miles. That seems awfully low to me for 75% battery on a Flash with an extended range HV battery that is supposed to get @320miles!

I saw a video yesterday where an owner was noticing low range after charging. He said that another person had driven the truck and had a setting turned on that had to do with towing a trailer. As soon as he changed it - that there was no trailer attached - the mileage changed to something more reasonable. Is there something like this that I'm missing? If 195 miles range is observed with 75% of battery, another 25% wouldn't add up to anywhere near 320 miles. Believe it or not, I haven't driven the truck in a week after we did this home charge so maybe it will correct if I take it out.
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
It should correct when you take it out. The Guess-O-Meter (it's called that for a reason) estimates range based on previous driving conditions. It can't accurately predict the future.

As you noted, you can go into the towing menu and make sure it doesn't think you have a trailer attached. You can also go into the settings on the instrument cluster menus (not the main screen) and somewhere in there should be an option to clear the driving history. That should get it back to the official factory guess rather than the guess based on previous driving.