• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Incentives on a 2022?

Byron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
Anyone know how to get access to what incentives are available on a 2022 Lightning. New. It was a dealer mannequin.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Anyone know how to get access to what incentives are available on a 2022 Lightning. New. It was a dealer mannequin.
You should know that warranty on a mannequin starts when it becomes a mannequin. Also every connected service, like Bluecruise, starts then too.

Dealer can, for a small cost to them, give you an extended warranty for a shorter period to add on, but they can't do anything for the connected services (nor will Ford).

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
If the dealer titled it, the Federal rebate is gone. Two years without a title?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You should know that warranty on a mannequin starts when it becomes a mannequin. Also every connected service, like Bluecruise, starts then too.
This actually varies by state. Some states do not require a dealership to register their demo vehicles and they can treat them as unsold new inventory, as long as they continue to meet all the criteria of a new vehicle. There is nothing about a mannequin or demo vehicle from Ford that is different than normal retail stock, it's just flagged in Ford's system as part of their mannequin program and if they sell before the hold period is up, Ford fines the dealership. The dealership can also sell it without penalty before the mannequin program is up if they replace it with an equivalent inventory vehicle.

A '22 that's been sitting around may not be a great deal. If it was titled to the dealership it's now a used vehicle so original tax incentives can't be claimed. There are tax incentives now for 2nd owners, but not as good as original. And like you say, if it's been titled, that warranty clock has been ticking ever since.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This actually varies by state. Some states do not require a dealership to register their demo vehicles and they can treat them as unsold new inventory, as long as they continue to meet all the criteria of a new vehicle. There is nothing about a mannequin or demo vehicle from Ford that is different than normal retail stock, it's just flagged in Ford's system as part of their mannequin program and if they sell before the hold period is up, Ford fines the dealership. The dealership can also sell it without penalty before the mannequin program is up if they replace it with an equivalent inventory vehicle.

A '22 that's been sitting around may not be a great deal. If it was titled to the dealership it's now a used vehicle so original tax incentives can't be claimed. There are tax incentives now for 2nd owners, but not as good as original. And like you say, if it's been titled, that warranty clock has been ticking ever since.
No, it doesn't vary. Titling varies, whether they can sell as new. But mannequins start warranty and connected services when they become mannequins. I own one.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
No, it doesn't vary. Titling varies, whether they can sell as new. But mannequins start warranty and connected services when they become mannequins. I own one.
I own one also. It had 300 mi on it when I bought it April of last year. It was sold as new and although the connected services were activated, the dealer is making it right by extending my subscription services out to my purchase date plus three years.

OP
OP

Byron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
Some of y’all are on point. Was looking at a 2022 lariat ER. No deleted equipment. Never titled. Found 2 in the USA that fit the bill. One has a dealer giving lip service that there are no incentives for 2022s. The other just says all we offer is this “dealer discount” and the ford promo apr if you finance through ford credit.

OP
OP

Byron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
The dealer can't/won't tell you?
Many dealers get shady about this. Idk why as I thought incentives offered by big ford didn’t hurt the dealer. Many will only offer a “dealer discount” and won’t talk about what incentives are available.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Many dealers get shady about this. Idk why as I thought incentives offered by big ford didn’t hurt the dealer. Many will only offer a “dealer discount” and won’t talk about what incentives are available.
I believe there are 2 types of incentives... factory, which doesn't affect the dealer, and dealer, which reduces their cost and, theoretically, should be passed onto the customer. A google search didn't turn up any 2022 incentives, though I'd certainly suspect there would be some.

Sponsored

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
The dealership I got mine from still has a 2022 Platinum that came the same day as mine. It has no deletes and I’ve also wondered what they would sell it for. They don’t list any incentives on their website.

RWerksman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 TJ, Rivian R1T
The dealership I got mine from still has a 2022 Platinum that came the same day as mine. It has no deletes and I’ve also wondered what they would sell it for. They don’t list any incentives on their website.
It's amazing how many of these are still out there. I've been debating picking up a Lightning and starting to make 3D prints for it, and I can see at least a dozen or so just sort of hanging around...

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
It's amazing how many of these are still out there. I've been debating picking up a Lightning and starting to make 3D prints for it, and I can see at least a dozen or so just sort of hanging around...
3D prints? Like for parts?

OP
OP

Byron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
A dozen 2022’s that are new? I could only find 11 lariats in the US listed as new. Maybe plat demo’s didn’t go as well.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
If you plan on financing through Ford then verify that 2022 models are eligible for the low promo rates. When I bought my 22 in Sept 2023, the low interest rates Ford had only applied to 2023 models. I have excellent credit, but Ford still wanted around 8%. I ended up financing elsewhere and then paid it off early.
Sponsored