• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installed Eibach Shocks on Lightning

SaranacTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Builder
Just installed new shocks on my lightning yesterday.. I have 46,000 MI on my 2022 lightning.. the truck was getting way too bouncy.. original shocks were completely shot.. three out of the four shocks you could move with your bare hand. The difference in the ride of this truck is truly amazing.. highly recommend the switch! Enjoy, Tim
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Just installed new shocks on my lightning yesterday.. I have 46,000 MI on my 2022 lightning.. the truck was getting way too bouncy.. original shocks were completely shot.. three out of the four shocks you could move with your bare hand. The difference in the ride of this truck is truly amazing.. highly recommend the switch! Enjoy, Tim
Agreed! Are you planning on using their springs also?

OP
OP

SaranacTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder
Agreed! Are you planning on using their springs also?
Not at this time.. the truck is so much tighter now.. no more porpoise action! Feels so much more solid.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I need to ask, would putting a 2" leveling kit on the front take away from my range in any significant way?

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Glad you like them! I'm considering getting some for myself.

Did you do the install yourself? If so, was it difficult? I don't have a ton of experience and I'm anxious to do it myself. I have installed coilovers on a sports car before.

Also, you said 3 of 4 were shot. That seems surprising to me. How many miles?

Sponsored
OP
OP

SaranacTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder
Glad you like them! I'm considering getting some for myself.

Did you do the install yourself? If so, was it difficult? I don't have a ton of experience and I'm anxious to do it myself. I have installed coilovers on a sports car before.

Also, you said 3 of 4 were shot. That seems surprising to me. How many miles?
I had my mechanic install them.. 46,000 miles on my truck.. and yes I was surprised as well, but I could feel that the truck was mushy and the front end was always oscillating up and down.. I just did a 600 mile round trip this weekend and the shocks I have really improved the truck! Good luck