• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Late to the party, but add me to the best truck I’ve ever owned list.
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Coming up on two years of ownership and 30k miles. It's a fantastic truck. EVs make sense if it fits your use case, for me, it did, and it's been a great time. I've drove 2k mile road trips, taken it off the beaten path in the desert (quite frequently these days), I've put it through its paces and it's been flawless.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’ve had my Lightning since June 2022. Best vehicle ever. I LOVE to come up with excuses to drive it. My son has a Maverick which he loves. But the Lighting is in a class all by itself.
The F-150 Lightning is most certainly in a class of its own! We'd love to see a pic!

Sponsored
OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Wow. I'm blown away by all the positive experiences and the amazing 10+ pages in just 24 hours!

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
Just about to turn 40,000 on my 22 Lariet ER. Paid MSRP minus the 7,500 rebate and would do it again. I am nearly 70 and have owned too many trucks and cars to recall. This is the best of all of them by far for my needs. I retired, then unretired due to boredom (not lack of money) I am a primary care doc and travel all over the northwest filling in due to the doc shortage and drive 80 miles a day three days a week for 4 cents a mile.
My wife and I live on the water but haul our 3500 lb boat across a couple mountain passes with ease twice a year to destination vacations. Before the Tesla network, it wasn’t bad and now with the Tesla superchargers it’s ridiculously easy. We also take the truck on about four other road vacations a year in the Northwest and the West Coast without the boat going every other month or so. I used it to move my elderly mother twice in one year. I’m remodeling one of my two homes and use it for many Home Depot runs and landfill runs. I’ve taken it hunting now five times and it does great on logging roads and crossing sheet water swamps. I’m a doc so I’m not into street racing my truck because I’ve seen the consequences of such stupidity. But I must say every now and then on a deserted freeway on ramp it is fun to nail the throttle on this beast and make you feel like you’re the captain of rocket ship; it is pulse quickening quick. Its acceleration makes my Mustang GT from the 90s seem pedestrian. Yes, I could’ve retired, but didn’t and now with the Lightning I don’t know if I ever will; my commute is the best part of my day.

but I see you’re worried about problems. I’ve had only one small problem and my 40,000 miles. It was a torn universal joint boot that was picked up on the 30,000 mile service safety check. It was fully covered under warranty and it took them just a little over two hours to fix it. I’ve had maybe three or four tiny little software glitches that occurred after updates and they always responded to turning the truck off and turn it back on, not unlike a laptop computer.

Who is this truck not for? If you tow an 8000 pound trailer very long distances for a business then this truck is not for you. Get a diesel 250 but if you’re like me and your towing distances are typically 250 miles or less and your trailer is under 5000 pounds this truck is perfect, assuming you don’t live in a fast charging desert.

I hope my comments help you make the correct decision for you. Best of luck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Coming up on two years of ownership and 30k miles. It's a fantastic truck. EVs make sense if it fits your use case, for me, it did, and it's been a great time. I've drove 2k mile road trips, taken it off the beaten path in the desert (quite frequently these days), I've put it through its paces and it's been flawless.
The F-150 Lightning is built for all seasons and every beaten path! Thanks for sharing.

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
Forums like this are principally a venue for people seeking help in one form or another. There’s a structural bias toward emphasis on “problems”, whether real or perceived. I will tell you that I love my 23 Lariat. I had a 2020 Platinum Expedition before, and a Sequoia before that. This Lightning is by far the best vehicle among them. Yes, there are things I’d change (what knucklehead chose the ridiculously limp spring tension on the center console arm rest?) but that’s been true of every vehicle I’ve ever owned. So far, with 12,000 miles accumulated, I’m really happy with the decision to purchase this truck — and boy oh boy do I love driving past all those gas stations and oil change places and transmission shops and not having to worry about global events jacking up the price of crude.

david62

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
farmer
Love my lightning. Pulls great. quiet. Charge at home. Don't love the software stuff. Wish I could have the flip phone version instead of the smart phone. II trust the hardware more than I trust the software.

Sponsored

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I have had mine for almost 2 years and 22k miles and it has been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned …. and very cheap operate… And truth be told I’ll never buy an ice vehicle again…. That being said …. there are some life /work situations / styles / that Ev‘s are not necessarily optimal for…. and I think some people buy one prematurely without realizing that… and also you probably hear people venting about problems they have with the truck, which is normal for type of vehicle…. But all is covered by warranty..

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I don’t like my lightning. I love it!
Despite its limitations at interstate speeds in my standard range, the shear elegance of this truck can’t be understood until you’ve driven it.
Just do your homework, and understand that your driving habits are going to change. Buy a truck with a 240 mile range like I did, that doesn’t mean it goes 240 miles. I like to keep it between 80 and 20%, which is around 150 miles for my use (speeds 65 or under). For city and around town driving it is the perfect vehicle.

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've had my Lightning since June 2022 and there's no car or truck I'd rather have. I work from home but drive a ton taking my kids to sports practice, over 1000 miles a month. It works out to less than $100 in electricity a month. I charge at home with the FCSP, so it's very economical for me. I love the way it drives, it's so smooth and very very fast. I love using Blue Cruise, even the automated parking assistance at times. It amazes me with all the tech built into it. I don't tow with it, so I'm not concerned if the range issues with that. I have towed a boat a short distance and it did amazingly. I don't drive longer distances on the regular, so range and charging aren't an issue normally. I have taken some decent trips and you do have to add time to the trip for charging, so be prepared for that. Overall, it's just been a great truck. I highly recommend. Just do you research and know what you're getting into first. And if you can't charge at home, that's a no starter period. Public dc fast charging is to expensive to use in the regular.

Sky Soldiet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Not me, I love my 2022 Lightning and would buy again. I love to watch people when I open the frunk and load groceries.

DenverDan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021MME FE and 2023 F150 Lightning
We love our Lightning for both short and long (1200 mile) trips! We have about 27K miles over the last 21 months, and we use way more than our old ICE F150. Best vehicle I have ever owned!
Sponsored