• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
We have our original solar system plus a second one where we added 5 panels, so unfortunately our service box has been downgraded twice and is maxed out. I've heard the cost to upgrade our service box would be expensive, so I think the 30 amp 220 is the best we can manage without spending a ton.
I have setup my charger at home at 30 amp and at my vacation property at 24 amp. I never felt like I needed higher speed. You will be fine with the amount of drive you do.
Sponsored

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
The “huge loss” is easily fixed by making sure you get a good deal. I think being able to use a lot of Tesla Superchargers fixed many of the charging/range issues. Value for money, it’s the best EV truck with useful features other don’t have. Can you charge at home? Do you drive under 300 miles a day normally (you can still road trip a Lightning easily, but if you were always supercharging the time/money advantage might not be as great)? If yes then you should consider a Lightning.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
The “huge loss” is easily fixed by making sure you get a good deal. I think being able to use a lot of Tesla Superchargers fixed many of the charging/range issues. Value for money, it’s the best EV truck with useful features other don’t have. Can you charge at home? Do you drive under 300 miles a day normally (you can still road trip a Lightning easily, but if you were always supercharging the time/money advantage might not be as great)? If yes then you should consider a Lightning.
I have what I believe is a good quote on a Lariat with no Max Tow/Pro Power 9.6 option package. Brand new through the Retail Replenishment Program which any dealer can order the with the exact configuration. 3 other dealer won't match it, so I think the offer is pretty solid.
Sponsored