Sponsored

Is this message from Android Auto or SYNC?

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
Trying to figure out where this comes from and if there is a way to shut it off? It appears after scrolling for more than 6-8 songs. The message actually is worse than letting me scroll because I find myself watching the bar load.

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this message from Android Auto or SYNC? PXL_20241019_211114130.MP
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Might be the Spotify system app, AA projection from your phone, do you see this when playing Spotify directly on the phone ? If not, it could be an android auto ~safety~ intervention.

OP
OP

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
I only see it when it's connected to sync. If I'm in the car and using my phone it works no issues.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Ive gotten that as well in Youtube Music when scrolling looking for a playlist or song.

Just to further muddy the waters.

Athrun88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Avalanche
It's a safety thing built into AA when using Spotify or Audible. It'll come up with me when I'm scrolling while driving and using Audible. I no longer use Spotify, but I believe it comes up occasionally when using YouTube Music as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
It's a safety thing built into AA when using Spotify or Audible. It'll come up with me when I'm scrolling while driving and using Audible. I no longer use Spotify, but I believe it comes up occasionally when using YouTube Music as well.
Damm ok. I do have a box on the way that will override AA. Allowing you to play any app including YT, Netflix etc on our screens. It's possible it will also rid this warning in Spotify as well.

Athrun88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Avalanche
Damm ok. I do have a box on the way that will override AA. Allowing you to play any app including YT, Netflix etc on our screens. It's possible it will also rid this warning in Spotify as well.
I don't have any experience with any equipment that overrides the built in safetys, just know that they're there. I haven't had a need to bypass anything since I have my phone mounted in such a way that I can interact with that instead of AA.
Sponsored