• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It was good while it lasted...

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I get it all, but maybe you all have had a better experience. In GA Atlanta area it was an utter nightmare trying to travel to FL. The Bolts were left unattended, on every charger and a line. I'm not talking a 15 min or even 30 min wait, I'm talking hours and nobody showed up.

I charge to 80 and 90 if heading into Mississippi as my route and desire is a terrible EV charging options. Never sat for 100% in the middle of a trip, if I did have to, I'd drive an ICE car instead.
Sponsored

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I fully expect Tesla SC to start being overwhelmed with ridiculous slow charging Bolts sitting for hours to 100% like they do at Walmart RA in the SE.

Maybe they will be too cheap to pay the rates and buy adaptors. One can hope...

https://insideevs.com/news/734739/charging-chevrolet-bolt-ev-tesla-supercharger/
Bolts won’t charge any faster at Tesla SC than they do anywhere else; it just costs them more to charge there, plus having to purchase a $200 adapter. I don’t see it becoming a problem, except in locations that only have Superchargers.
At locations with people waiting to charge, raising the rates seems appropriate; at $1/kWh, no one’s going to buy any more than they need to get home on- except road trippers, who ought to have priority anyway. If you’re local, use your own darned Level 2 charger, or don’t buy an EV in the first place.

Reactions: JRT

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I get it all, but maybe you all have had a better experience. In GA Atlanta area it was an utter nightmare trying to travel to FL. The Bolts were left unattended, on every charger and a line. I'm not talking a 15 min or even 30 min wait, I'm talking hours and nobody showed up.

I charge to 80 and 90 if heading into Mississippi as my route and desire is a terrible EV charging options. Never sat for 100% in the middle of a trip, if I did have to, I'd drive an ICE car instead.
Unattended Bolts = bad pricing policy. Easily fixed.
Sponsored