• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It was good while it lasted...

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I'm not worried about gatekeeping at a charger. Charge to whatever level you require.

In the words of Hank Williams: Cause if you mind your business, then you won't be mindin' mine

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ER
I fully expect Tesla SC to start being overwhelmed with ridiculous slow charging Bolts sitting for hours to 100% like they do at Walmart RA in the SE.

Maybe they will be too cheap to pay the rates and buy adaptors. One can hope...

https://insideevs.com/news/734739/charging-chevrolet-bolt-ev-tesla-supercharger/
You say that but if you had a Bolt you’d probably be parked right to them at the Supercharger.
The problem with most EV owners is they entitled d-bags. I can sense it on people. I know I worked at Tesla for 4 1/2 years early on. The fact you said maybe they’ll be too cheap to buy an adapter gave it away.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
The good news is that there's a lot of Tesla supercharger capacity. And everyone using a Tesla supercharger isn't taking up a spot at EA or wherever. We all have to get along. Bolt owners are just as entitled to their time at a charger as we are.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Well try taking a road trip in the SE with only EA stations all blocked by Bolts charging to 100% and let me know how you like it.

Sponsored

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ER
I’d be okay with it because I have had EVs for 10 years and understand I might have to wait to charge and don’t get bent out of shape when the clouds don't part and the stars align every time I need to charge on a trip.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I fully expect Tesla SC to start being overwhelmed with ridiculous slow charging Bolts sitting for hours to 100% like they do at Walmart RA in the SE.
Maybe you can console yourself by reflecting on what Hyundai Ioniq owners probably think of Ford Lightning owners at chargers. An Ioniq can charge from 10% to 80% SOC in 18 minutes. So they probably find Lightning owners as depressing as you see Chevy Bolt owners.

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
In my 5000 mile road trip of almost all stops at Tesla superchargers I only encountered one station that was entirely full (Newton, MA off of I-90). In that case there was Chargepoint at the same location and I had only a minor annoyance of having to download yet another app with credit card info. At the vast majority I was usually 1 of 8 with some being like 2-3 out of 24 used. Having more paying customers should allow the capacity to increase even more.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
it's probably not a big deal for BOLT owners, or those with EVs which max out at 50kw, anyway, since they can get that basically at ANY Dc Fast Charger - having to use an adapter, and figure out how to 'fit' at Superchargers, might be more than they want to deal with, since it won't get them charged any faster - although, yes, it gives them more 'spaces' to choose from, which actually might be the very reason MANY of us will choose Supercharger locations - having 16 choices is a much easier process that pulling up to a 'dual' Chargepoint just to find that they are both already in use.
Sponsored