JerryRigEverything range test of the Silverado EV RST

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Impressive range numbers...I still don't care for the styling, but there are some good things about the vehicle, for sure. Chevy site doesn't list battery pack size, but it has to be larger than 131kW if it's getting that sort of range.
Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Battery is like 213kW or something. Weighs over 8500lbs.

I like the range, but the price will always be higher because of how expensive the batteries in that thing are.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I'm first on the list at my local GMC deal for the Sierra Denali EV. I really want it but don't want to pay the price for it. Seeing this video makes me want it even more. Could really use the extra range during duck season traveling to and from the coast with no chargers around.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Love the mid-gate. Love the display info we have been asking Ford to include but I want my spare tire.

I could live with a 340 real miles Silverado, with spare and mid-gate. No need for glass roof, air suspension, or half the luxury items that makes it more expensive.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Love the mid-gate. Love the display info we have been asking Ford to include but I want my spare tire.

I could live with a 340 real miles Silverado, with spare and mid-gate. No need for glass roof, air suspension, or half the luxury items that makes it more expensive.
I feel the same way. Although the longer range is impressive, I don't go on trips long enough to justify paying extra for a longer range battery. That's why I have an SR Lightning. I also can't imagine not having a spare.

I've never owned a Chevy, but it looks like the EV truck market is going to be pretty competitive next year, as RAM also enters the market.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I feel the same way. Although the longer range is impressive, I don't go on trips long enough to justify paying extra for a longer range battery. That's why I have an SR Lightning. I also can't imagine not having a spare.

I've never owned a Chevy, but it looks like the EV truck market is going to be pretty competitive next year, as RAM also enters the market.
Sorry, I have never been interested in a Chivvy . . .:unsure::ROFLMAO:
I don't care for the mechanics, nor the interior lay out's . . .

republicoftexas1836

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lariat ER, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I like the HUD, I miss that from my BMW. It is worth another $40,000? Nope. I like the range and the mid gate but it's prohibitively expensive. I'm just not spending $100,000+ on a vehicle.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
The Lightning is my first Ford, and I miss a lot of the features I had in my GMC Denali. The Silverado EV and Sierra EV look good to me, but no way I would pay current list price for one. In a year or so when they realize that they are not going to sell many at that price I would expect to see a lot of incentives, just like Ford did with the Lightning. $80K for a loaded truck is a possibility, but over $100K is a no go for me. The massive discounts on the Lightning are what swayed me to try a Ford, and for what I paid I am happy with the truck.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I didn't see a thread on this forum about it but Chevy announced the RST is going to b about 10,000 less than expected with further range.

So like 94,000. That's going to be hard for Lariat and Lightning owners that overpaid for the first two years of production and dealer markup.

But for someone that recently bought, that's 40,000 more than my Lariat ER.

I can't see the range that I would use once every two years or so being worth 40,000 to me. Nope.
Sponsored