Sponsored

JuiceBox (Enel X Way North America) to cease operations effective October 11, 2024

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Dear Enel X Way USA, LLC Stakeholder,

After careful consideration, Enel X Way North America has decided to close its electric mobility business in the US and Canada, operated by the local subsidiary of Enel X Way USA, effective October 11, 2024. An experienced third-party firm will be appointed to manage the company’s affairs and ensure that the closure is handled with the utmost care and professionalism. The appointed firm will be responsible for managing the remaining obligations and communicating directly with customers and partners regarding the closure.

This decision is in line with the Enel Group’s strategic approach to e-mobility that pursues further growth by providing bundled offers, including private charging solutions, to its electricity customers as well as by developing public charging infrastructure in countries where it has an electricity retail business. By contrast, Enel North America has no retail electricity customer base and was active in the e-mobility segment only through the sale of charging hardware and software.

Additionally, the dynamics of the EV market in the US have changed quite a lot in the last year and, like many other companies, Enel X Way North America has been impacted by high interest rates which have increased the cost of scaling the charging infrastructure business in a framework of sustained uncertainty where EV sales growth expectations have not been met.

Here’s what you need to know:
  • Residential charging hardware (JuiceBox) will maintain the physical operating ability to charge vehicles.
  • All Enel X Way software will be discontinued. Commercial charging stations will lose functionality in the absence of software continuity.
  • The Enel X Way App and all other Enel e-mobility apps in North America will be discontinued and removed from the App Store.
  • Enel X Way customer support is no longer available, effective immediately. Any Enel X Way related questions and claims should be directed to juiceboxnorthamerica.com.
  • The decision to close Enel X Way USA, LLC and related impacts do not apply to Enel X Way customers in other countries outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Enel X Way North America understands that its decision has implications for those who had chosen its charging solutions. Inquiries regarding any outstanding matters, including customer accounts, orders, or obligations, can be directed to juiceboxnorthamerica.com.

North America remains a core geography for the Enel Group, where it will continue to focus investments in utility-scale renewables and demand response.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those of us that use load balancing (which they broke recently), it's now gone, so we can't charge two vehicles at the same time. We lose all data also, so we can't see how much power we've used...

Not a big surprise to me, because their support was crap, and they didn't respond to letters from the Michigan Attorney General (twice). I filed a complaint with the NHTSA a few weeks ago.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Rick, you beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post the same thread. Maybe that’s why we’re both Rick’s 😎

So now on a serious note. Will our ford app take over for simple 1 vehicle charging. Will I be able to see my kWh usage month to month for business write offs or do I need to start charting it myself?

Do I dump my 4 month old Juicebox and buy something that’s here to stay? If so what do you recommend?

The other Rick

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Ford app doesn't reliably show charging sessions.
The Ford app reports net to the vehicle, after a 7% loss.
The Ford app only keeps a certain number of sessions (45 days) worth.

I want load sharing, so I probably will dump them.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles