• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Wonder if there is a way to put the headrest speakers hmmm
I considered this too.

I would think that would be hard to tune as the Pro/XLT has a 4 channel system.

You'd have to tap into the speaker outputs and then figure out a way to attenuate the headrest speakers so they aren't overpowering the rest of the system.

Because the B&O system is tuned with a subwoofer, the speakers in the headrest probably have a crossover. If you got full range sound (by tapping into the other speaker outputs) I'd imagine it would sound distorted or muddy having full range (with lows) sent to speakers designed for mids/highs.

That being said, the complaint of the headrest speakers has been output (Or lack thereof). Now, if you disassembled the headrest and replaced the speakers with some designed for a higher RMS wattage (hooked up to an aftermarket amp) you might be on to something.

I like these Leather take offs, especially as a cheap DIY compared to Katskinz. I'm thinking this is the way I'll go when Im willing to commit the time. The only thing stopping me from Katskinz is the heated and cooled seats on Katskinz require aftermarket buttons on the truck (according to the Katskinz rep I spoke with). I enjoy remote starting/conditioning and having my seats warm up.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Used the same seller on ebay, just put them in yesterday

IMG_5262.jpeg
IMG_5258.jpeg
What was your cost to get the Arm Rest fixed? Comparable to OP? How long did it take you?

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
When you say armrest do you mean the center console lid or to remove the fold down piece to the rear seat covers? I did not replace the center console lid cover and the resr seat cover was sewn up by the seller.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
When you say armrest do you mean the center console lid or to remove the fold down piece to the rear seat covers? I did not replace the center console lid cover and the resr seat cover was sewn up by the seller.
Sorry, you said you used the same seller. The OP's item wasn't sewn up.

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
My mistake, I bought from the Ebay seller that sews them up. That being said, since theyre sewn up it does stick out a bit. Not noticeable and not really a problem but it doesnt tuck in like an oem seat would do.
Sponsored