First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Power running boards are no longer a 2022 option. If you want the credit, must delete. I just did so on my Platinum today.
Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Finally got them removed from my order, but the Destination & Delivery charge went up to $1,795.00. Now with max tow it's over 80k. Did that happen to anyone else?

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Finally got them removed from my order, but the Destination & Delivery charge went up to $1,795.00. Now with max tow it's over 80k. Did that happen to anyone else?
I just did a quick build on the ford.com website and sure enough the deliver went up to $1795. I don't know the details, but I've seen many stories about price increases and what gets protected and what doesn't. I'm sure this is going to be sticky for many of us since not one has been delivered, but they increased it.

EDIT - To add I just checked my January 10 order on my account and it does not show that increase - it is still $1695 on my order.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, my initial order thru Ford was $1695.

Then a week later I got a sales confirmation from my dealer and it shows $1795.

Hmmmm wonder if price protection applies to D&D ?....

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser
Just stumbled across this thread. I posted earlier about this issue and wish I would have searched better for this discussion. I signed my paperwork yesterday and ford accepted my order for Lariat ER with the power running boards. The sales associate mentioned that it was a delayed part, but made it seem to me would still be this year. Now I am having second thoughts. I haven't received a build date yet, but I would rather not wait for a 2023 if this is the case that the 2022 model can't have this option.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just stumbled across this thread. I posted earlier about this issue and wish I would have searched better for this discussion. I signed my paperwork yesterday and ford accepted my order for Lariat ER with the power running boards. The sales associate mentioned that it was a delayed part, but made it seem to me would still be this year. Now I am having second thoughts. I haven't received a build date yet, but I would rather not wait for a 2023 if this is the case that the 2022 model can't have this option.
There are many still waiting on build dates, so no worry there, but it was official for Ford - no power running boards for 2022, you should have them removed just to make sure you have no hold ups.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
IIRC the powered running boards were not a particularly expensive option on ICE trucks if bought from the factory. I wonder what the post-purchase part cost will be from Ford if/when they offer them for the Lightning, and if they will simply attach with no mods.
Sponsored