• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Hi all,

Very excited to get this project done! I'm coming from a Jeep Cherokee Limited, that had very nice leather seats and although the vinyl seats in the Pro weren't as bad as I'd thought they'd be, I've wanted to upgrade them since day 1.

There are some ebay sellers who sell new leather take offs from Lariat trucks. I'm fairly certain the sellers are Katzkin installers as the seats were delivered in a katzkin box. These take offs are incredibly cheap. I purchased mine for $165 and they look brand new. An important note is that the take offs are for Lariat trucks that have a rear fold out cupholder/armrest. The backseat of our Pro does not, but you can get the piece sewed in or purchase it sewed in for another hundred dollars or so. I'm not a fan of how that looks though.

I also wanted to upgrade the driver and passenger seat to a 10 way powered seat. This wasn't as straight forward, but I was able to find a scrap yard that were selling the driver, passenger, and back seat with the fold out cupholders from a 2021 F-150 for $400 total. The seats had airbags deployed and were in rough shape, but it didn't matter. I was able to transfer the airbags from my seats over.

Some notes:

• The powered drivers seat was plug and play, but the passenger seat wiring harness is missing the pin for the powered seat for some reason. I was able to tap into the 12v line that the drivers seat has and jump it over to pin 21 on the wiring harness on the passenger side.
  • I was planning on reusing the cushions from my seats as they are pretty much new with little usage. The cushions on the seats from the scrap yard were considerably more dense though and I think they would wear better than the lighter, squishier cushions from my seats. After the install, they are considerably more comfortable. I'm wondering if all new f-150 cushions are this way or if they made cheaper cushions for the Pro model.
  • This take A LOT of time, but you can do it yourself. There are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to do it. I would plan for 2 full days, if you've never done it before.
  • The takeoffs have holes for ventilation. I did not choose to add ventilation, but I might look into adding aftermarket fans.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Powered Seats install in 2023 Lightning Pro for under $600 20240623_122620

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Powered Seats install in 2023 Lightning Pro for under $600 20240630_124858
Sponsored

Last edited: